SMG Stagehand in Worcester, Massachusetts
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has immediate openings for Stagehands at the DCU Center in Worcester, Massachusetts 01608. These are part time, union, event related positions which involve working overnights and weekends.
The Stagehand is responsible for assisting with the assembling, disassembling and maintenance of stages and sound equipment during concert/theater/show productions.
- Load and unload props and materials from trucks
- Assemble and disassemble parts
- Set up lighting, props and microphones
- Move and rearrange furniture
- Unload and set up road cases
- Perform spotlight operation during shows
- Construct and paint set pieces
- Set up risers and musical equipment
- Ensure props are affixed properly
- Assist with video, sound and light production
- Disassembler and store sets
- Ensure props are present at beginning of scene and taken away at end
- Set up flats
- Dismantle scenery and other set pieces
- Hand the scenery up into the roof and lower it down on stage
- Work with electricians and lighting assistants
- Produce music by operating sound system
- Help carpenters build and install scenery
- Open and close curtains
- Clean up stage and backstage area after performance
- Operate scenery-moving machinery
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience in position with similar constant physical labor
- Tech-minded/knowledge of show production a plus
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Capable of following instructions and working well with others
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Tolerant of working in outdoor summer environment and/or outdoor winter conditions
- Ability to work flexible hours including evening, weekends and holidays, as needed
- Must be physically fit
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift/push/pull weights of 50 pounds or more
- Must be able to climb ladders up to 40 feet high
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee
Union dues/fees shall apply.
Please go to the Employment page of dcucenter.com and apply thru the job-specific link:
To be considered for any open position, you must complete the application process completely through the link provided. Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may call 508-929-0114.
HR Manager DCU Center 50 Foster Street Worcester, MA 01608
Accepting applications from 11/20/20 until filled.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled