American Tower Project Manager, Competitive Intelligence in Woburn, Massachusetts
The Competitive Intelligence Project Manager evaluates, manages, and mitigates competitive threats, found though various intelligence sources, to ATC assets. The incumbent program manages the identification of and mitigation programs in response to competitive threats and facilitates strategies with key internal stakeholders. The incumbent must be highly collaborative and able to drive accountability and ownership cross-functionally. The incumbent will partner with others across the Company to understand and document market trends and provide reporting about and transparency of at-risk assets and regions to proactively protect at-risk assets. The incumbent will own all incoming competitive opportunities and work with key internal stakeholders to exhaust all strategies to safeguard the Company’s wireless assets.
- Manage all deployment activities relating to competitive threats, including but not limited to facilitation of meetings, situational strategies, action plans, communications, and strategic goals.
- Proactively leverage data and information to deliver recommendations and action plans to help provide target solutions and new opportunities for the Company’s wireless assets.
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders across the Company to develop processes and ensure stakeholder alignment.
- Ensure all intelligence data are properly tracked and provide real-time information with a focus on data integrity and data process optimization in order to easily communicate program updates and expected timelines.
- Evaluate financial risks and opportunities associated with strategic mitigation initiatives and provide detailed analyses on projected savings v. costs.
- Work with key stakeholders to continuously refine processes and systems and drive efficiency within the team’s day to day operations.
- Collaborate with the Zoning, Legal, Sales, Regulatory, and Land Management teams to identify creative solutions for countering competitive threats and diminishing churn from company assets.
- Provide to leadership and executive team members high-level evaluation of overall program status and competitive landscape.
- Identify areas of opportunity to proactively and aggressively address potential risk; build programs to sustain consistent and credible intelligence surrounding competitive structures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong project management, site acquisition, zoning, and permitting skills.
- Ability to identify and succinctly summarize complex problems and constraints, propose potential solutions, and drive towards resolution.
- Strong understanding of information management, statistics, strategic planning, competitive intelligence, and market/marketing analysis.
- Solid strategic and problem solving skills that will effectively influence the decision making process.
- Sound financial analysis and budgeting skills.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive, high volume environment with different functional groups and levels of employees to effectively and professionally achieve business results.
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Effective organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment.
- Good track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors, creating long-term mutually beneficial client relationships.
- Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of the wireless tower industry, including knowledge of tower citing and construction, engineering, zoning, tenant and ground leases, and regulatory compliance.
- Proficiency and comfort with SQL or other relational database query languages.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Planning, Engineering, or Construction Management required.
- Minimum 5 years project management experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of wireless site development industry experience required.
- Experience at managing wireless site development programs through prior experience with network deployment projects, site acquisition, or construction management responsibilities required..
Approximately 90% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 10% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
Job: Proj Mgr Comp Intel
Title: Project Manager, Competitive Intelligence
Requisition ID: 180000AH