Parker Hannifin Corporation Co-Op Marketing / E-Commerce in Woburn, Massachusetts
Co-Op Marketing / E-Commerce
MA-Woburn, United States
Group: Eng Materials Group N. America
Job Family: Professional - Entry
Job ID: 11959-1A
< Return to Search Results
Org Marketing Statement
With annual sales of $12 billion in fiscal year 2017, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Department Marketing Statement
Chomerics is part of the Engineered Materials Group of the Parker Hannifin Corporation. The Engineered Materials Group is one of the world's largest and most experienced manufacturers of elastomer and other sealing and shielding devices. Chomerics is a leading global manufacturer of EMI (electromagnetic interference) shielding materials. Our strengths are service, technology, and unparalleled design capabilities.
We are seeking a smart, entrepreneurial student tasked with helping to bring best in class digital ecommerce marketing skills to an organization on the cusp of large online commerce growth. Each student entering our paid program is connected with an experienced Parker mentor. During the program, students will have the opportunity to work in Parker Chomerics’ state-of-the-art facilities, and gain hands-on experience. This project will introduce the student to the ecommerce sales cycle – from product management to analytics, analysis, strategic pricing, e-commerce and digital marketing techniques. You will work with individuals from across the business, from product managers, to marketing managers, pricing managers, IT managers and many more to determine which products to sell online, how to sell them, what their pricing will be, and finally how the customer’s experience during the buying process will be.
Your project will introduce you to many aspects of the Parker Chomerics business, and will help you leave with strong connections, a completed project and a polished presentation highlighting your results. You will return to school with real-work experience utilizing the tools you learned during your co-op experience.
- Performs assignments designed to develop professional work knowledge and abilities that will include cross-functional experience.
- Actively acquires on-the-job training and knowledge of marketing principles and techniques required for maintaining Parker brand position, servicing customer relationships, driving strategic pricing initiatives. Assignments are at a professional level but require guidance and direction from more experienced Personnel.
- Performs a variety of routine assignments to provide experience and familiarization with the marketing staff, methods, practices, and programs of the company.
- Assists team members to accomplish their project assignments by completing specific analysis or well-defined portions of the overall assignments. Learns project management techniques and participates in design or similar program reviews.
- Attends internal trainings/meetings and applies in work assignments. Learns to apply methods, measurements, and techniques for continuous improvement and customer marketing.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments will include cross-functional or project team.
- Currently enrolled in, or completed degree in related field, such as: Business, Marketing, Finance, Pricing, Economics. Candidate shall have completed sophomore year with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Ability to work effectively in a variety of environments and assignments.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with others and be a participative team member.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf and http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocgina_supplement.pdf