Charles River Laboratories Sr. Marketing Manager, Gene Therapy - Biologics (REMOTE) in Wilmington, Massachusetts
Sr. Marketing Manager, Gene Therapy - Biologics (REMOTE)
Req ID #: 198551
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887 US
For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position,a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
The Marketing Lead, Gene Therapyrole will drive and lead strategy and execution for our gene therapy business within Biologics.
This individual will design, develop, and implement global marketing strategies to support business goals and objectives, execute tactical plans, analyze key results and report on outcomes. They will also identify new opportunities to optimize products and services positioning to increase market share and to communicate the optimal end-to-end customer experience for this important and exciting market we serve.
• Lead a team of gene therapy marketers through strategic marketing initiatives from leadership and collaboration with commercial and scientific stakeholders.
• Translate market research/needs into comprehensive product/portfolio campaign strategies driving objectives, key results, and ROI (value).
• Responsible to develop, implement, track, and optimize multi-channel marketing campaigns and lead development, nurturing, and conversion;, including web, email, SEO/SEM, social media, and display advertising based on in depth analysis of data, brochures, insights, and customer behavior, in support of companywide services, in alignment with other marketing team members.
• Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, to assess against goals (ROI and KPIs) and adjust strategic direction as needed
• Identify and provide market trends and insights with stakeholders to evaluate business impact; optimize spend and performance in alignment with budget as needed.
• Participate in design, development, and implementation of sales training programs.
• Possesses an end-to-end organizational mindset; identify and lead creating synergistic marketing programs that cross product portfolio and services and business unit lines.
• Identify and lead evaluation of value-added opportunities to strengthen financial performance of business.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
• Ability to lead, influence, and inspire stakeholders and drive progress amongst cross-functional teams
• Ability to occasionally travel to key industry events, tradeshows, and sales meetings
The following are minimum requirements related to the Marketing Lead, Gene Therapy position:
• Bachelor's degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in Marketing, Business or related discipline
• 5+ years of experience in the advanced therapeutics industry and/or a Bachelor's degree in a relevant scientific field
• 5+ years related experience in marketing management and/or product management in the cell and gene therapy industry
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above
The following are preferred qualifications related to the Marketing Manager, Cell and Gene Therapy position:
• Demonstrated leadership and team management experience in previous role(s)
• Strong focus on customer experience
• Strong communication and cross functional collaboration skills with diverse commercial and scientific stakeholders
• Experience in creating marketing strategies, plans and tactics that have strengthened market positioning and driven high-value customer and business outcomes
• Marketing experience in the cell and gene therapy industry
• Prior launch experience preferred
• Majority of work experience in Marketing function preferred
• Experience in marketing products and services a plus
• Experience working for a contract development and manufacturing organization is a plus
• Experience working with digital platforms including Salesforce, Pardot, Smartsheet a plus
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs