Charles River Laboratories Sr. Business Development Executive - Distributors & Portfolio Collaboration in Wilmington, Massachusetts
Sr. Business Development Executive - Distributors & Portfolio Collaboration
Req ID #: 174892
Northridge, CA, US, 91325 Waltham, MA, US, 02451-1420 Charleston, SC, US, 29407 Worcester, MA, US, 01608 Cambridge, MA, US, 02139 Hartford, CT, US, 06106 Cleveland, OH, US, 44128 Roanoke, IL, US, 61561 Thousand Oaks, CA, US, 91320 Evanston, IL, US, 60201 Groton, CT, US, 06340 Rockville, MD, US, 20850 Washington, DC, US, 20016-8061 Chicago, IL, US, 60654 Fort Pierce, FL, US, 34982 Warsaw, PL, 00-124 Malvern, PA, US, 19355 Baltimore, MD, US, 21224 Rockville, MD, US, 20850 San Diego, CA, US, 92130 Wilmington, MA, US, 01887 Wayne, PA, US, 19087 Shrewsbury, MA, US, 01545 New Haven, CT, US, 06519-6052 Lowell, MA, US, 01854 Memphis, TN, US, 38104 Framingham, MA, US, 01701 Rockville, MD, US, 20852 Charlotte, NC, US, 28203 Mattawan, MI, US, 49071 San Diego, CA, US, 92121 Billerica, MA, US, 01821 Memphis, TN, US, 38118 Labelle, FL, US, 33935 Boston, MA, US, 02116 Baltimore, MD, US, 21224 Memphis, TN, US, 38118 Ashland, OH, US, 44805 Roanoke, IL, US, 61561 US New Haven, CT, US, 06510 Detroit, MI, US, 48201 Spencerville, OH, US, 45887 Newark, DE, US, 19711 Macon, FR, 71000 Hollister, CA, US, 95023 Reno, NV, US, 89511 Irvine, CA, US, 92612 Skokie, IL, US, 60077 Raleigh, NC, US, 27610 Baltimore, MD, US, 21201 Bothell, WA, US, 98021 S. San Francisco, CA, US, 94080 Houston, TX, US, 77047 Baltimore, MD, US, 21224 Redwood City, CA, US, 94063
For over 40 years, HemaCare, a Charles River company, has worked to making a positive impact on the world by providing the highest quality cellular material and services to biotech and pharmaceutical companies and research organizations that are performing innovative research and developing novel cell-based therapies.
We recognize that our success depends on the vision and passion of our employees; that is why we are devoted to making HemaCare a rewarding and valuable place to work. We believe in making a difference, and at HemaCare, you will make a difference every day.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position,a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
The Sr. Business Development Executive has two primary responsibilities: 1) develop and nurture new and existing distributor business relationships by analyzing distributor potential, initiating and developing programs that drive profitable revenue growth AND 2) participate in Charles River Labs (CRL) – related cross business collaboration. The cross-business collaboration will be a team-based activity with other members of the company portfolio to generate revenue from solutions that encompass multiple parts of the CRL portfolio (including Cell Supply, Biologics, RMS, Cell and Gene Therapy). The Sr. Business Development Executive is directly responsible for achieving sales and gross profit growth within these two responsibilities that serve various market segments such as Cell and Gene Therapy, Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Regenerative Medicine, Vaccine, and Academic R&D.
• Demonstrate technical, negotiation, and selling skills to distributor partners, customers and CRL employees by engaging them with commercial strategies for the CRL Cell Supply product and service portfolio.
• Develop a strategic distribution business plan to achieve quarterly and annual sales goals for both core responsibilities.
• Develop, maintain, and leverage relationships, including evaluating and rating existing distributors and identifying potential new distributors to serve new markets/client needs.
• Build team relationships with other Sales and Operational staff to maximize sales revenues and gross profit growth through distribution channels, including training on distribution partners, coaching on best practices for working with distributors and partnering with other BDEs on sales opportunities through distribution.
• Develop presentations, trainings, tools, programs and activities which are a persuasive representation of CRL’s products/services to drive distributor confidence and enthusiasm in supporting product portfolio.
• Partner with team members to go to market with portfolio strategies that seek to provide value for new and existing customers in the areas of CGT and Biologics.
• Serve as the voice of the customers for all activity by collecting and communicating VOC to Marketing to improve customer experience and anticipate market changes so CRL can adapt and respond to new product and service needs.
• Independently travel to distributor and customer sites, and/or attend vendor shows and seminars to prospect, increase brand messaging and communicate with distributor partners as well as other customers.
• Attend trade shows and conferences and represent CRL Cell Supply in a professional manner.
• BS or BA degree in a scientific discipline.
• Five or more years previous experience in a similar sales role, preferably selling to academic, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical researchers and organizations.
• Familiar with primary human cells, stem cells, immunology, life science research, drug screen, toxicity test, cell-based assay, hematology, or flow cytometry.
• Proficient use of SalesForce.com or other CRM software.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We require proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition (crrecruitment_US@crl.com) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.
HemaCare, a Charles River company, is a global leader and trusted brand in the customization of human-derived biological products and services for biomedical research, drug discovery, and cell and gene therapy development. HemaCare’s vertically integrated solutions support preclinical research, clinical studies from phases 1 to 3, and commercialization with high-quality RUO and GMP-compliant starting material and apheresis collections.
In January 2020, HemaCare was acquired by Charles River Laboratories, an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). Combined with Charles River’s integrated, early-stage portfolio of discovery, safety assessment, and manufacturing support services, the acquisition creates a unique, comprehensive solution for researchers and cell therapy developers and manufacturers worldwide to help accelerate their critical programs from basic research and proof-of-concept to regulatory approval and commercialization. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs and enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market. We work closely with our clients throughout the clinical process to maximize success and drive positive clinical outcomes.
Together, with over 17,000 employees within 80 facilities in 23 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, government agencies, and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At HemaCare, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. We have proudly supported the development of 100% of the current commercially available FDA-approved immunocellular therapies. Our mission is to provide a best-in-class portfolio of high quality, customizable human cellular material and services to support drug discovery, scientific research, and cell therapy. This resonates from our employees and impacts our customers because we know that every day is an opportunity to advance discoveries and make a difference in someone’s life.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs