Charles River Laboratories Senior Product Designer in Wilmington, Massachusetts
Senior Product Designer
Req ID #: 165157
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887 Charleston, SC, US, 29407 Dublin, IE, D09 US Saffron Walden, GB, CB10 1XL Montreal (Senneville), Quebec, CA, H9X 3R3 Horsham, PA, US, 19044 Mattawan, MI, US, 49071 Ashland, OH, US, 44805 Spencerville, OH, US, 45887 Tranent, GB, EH33 2NE Raleigh, NC, US, 27610
At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position,a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
As a Sr. Product Designer, you will have the opportunity to make our products more user friendly. You will be responsible for standing up our UX & UI from the ground level. You will be responsible for designing user flows, wireframes, and prototypes. You will work with an agile, multi-disciplinary team to take products from ideation to deployment. You will work closely with other designers, product owners, and engineers to present your work, incorporate feedback, refine it, and bring it to life.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Define and drive UX/UI strategy and interaction design.
• Design intuitive and functional user experiences from scratch and for scale
• Use new and existing research and data to surface insights that help to solve business and user problems
• Create polished design deliverables to help explore concepts and drive product discussions.
• Translate product requirements into intuitive user experiences.
• Generating production-ready design specifications for implementation.
• Conduct user tests and research to validate hypotheses and iterate quickly.
• Drive engagement with customers, prospects, and partners to better understand customers’ needs and requirements.
• Effectively communicate design decisions through wireframes, user flows, and interactive prototypes.
• Collaborate closely with Product Management to understand future needs based on product roadmaps and strategies.
• Share work with and providing feedback to other design team members to ensure a cohesive design language across products and experiences
• Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, and stakeholders on a daily basis in Agile Scrum environment.
• Offer feedback to management on ways to improve workflows and processes within the team.
• Available to mentor designers
• Create and maintains a positive, collaborative, high-performance work environment.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Design, MIS, or Engineering, interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), related UX degree or equivalent in related field.
• 6+ years of design experience.
• 4+ years of experience as a User Experience Designer, Interaction Designer, Information Architect, or similar UX-related role.
• 4+ years of experience creating prototypes or highly detailed wireframes for complex web applications.
• Track record of success as a UX/UI design leader and evangelist.
• Demonstrated history of performing user research or gathering quantitative customer data.
• Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles, techniques, and patterns.
• Understanding of user centered design analytical methods and how/when they affect the design process.
• Strong on-line portfolio with well-articulated examples of visual and interaction design.
• Skilled at creating interaction design solutions for desktop, web and mobile applications.
• Excellent verbal and communication skills, articulating design decisions and storytelling.
• Demonstrated experience executing multiple projects under scope and timeline constraints.
• Experience with agile development process, usability research, and testing.
• Experience working with in-house embedded product, design, or engineering teams.
• Proven track record of taking a product to market including organizational and operational readiness.
• Demonstratable background in influencing both externally with customers and partners and internally with senior leadership and individual contributors.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs