Charles River Laboratories Senior Marketing & Events Specialist (Tradeshows) - (REMOTE) in Wilmington, Massachusetts
Senior Marketing & Events Specialist (Tradeshows) - (REMOTE)
Req ID #: 214926
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887 US
For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position,a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
We are seeking aSenior Marketing & Events Specialistfor ourResearch Models and Services (RMS) and Insourcing Solutions (IS)business. This remote-based role will develop event strategy in alignment with business objectives, own tradeshow calendar and lead related activities for both small and large tradeshows, including preshow planning meetings to build objective-focused plans, execute, and evaluate events for the RMS North America.
• Partner with marketing, business, and sales stakeholders to design and develop content and marketing collateral to drive lead generation efforts across the portfolio with proper brand guidelines.
• Create and manage content lead acquisition campaigns, monitor performance, evaluate effectiveness, quantify ROI and optimize for future projects.
• Coordinate and manage all virtual and in-person event bookings, logistics, timelines, and management (webinars, seminars, workshops, chapter events, conferences, customer forums and appreciation events, etc.) for RMS & IS division
• Source and manage vendors, interface with conference organizers and biomedical organizations, and internal teams to achieve successful show results
• Research and identify event opportunities that align with current commercial strategy and are within show budget for RMS and IS and other events that reach new audiences), prioritize and present options to management team
• Responsible for elements of event organization to include identification of messaging opportunities, coordination of collateral/messaging material delivery with strategic marketing, coordination speaking placements, poster/content submissions
• Evaluate tradeshow involvement, engagement, effectiveness of displays, promotional response, and overall ROI to measure effectiveness of each event. Make recommendations for changes/improvements to leadership team based on event metrics.
• Research and execute creative and new methods to promote RMS & IS within industry events (all customer segments)
• Mentor appropriate team members on best practices for attendance at tradeshows/events
• Maintain a working knowledge of all company product lines with more in-depth knowledge of business segment that is being supported
• Work with Marketing Manager(s) to update business specific materials for events that are in alignment with designated business objectives
• Collaborate with sales team for voice of customer, understanding of personas, market dynamics, and other sales feedback
• Perform all other related duties as assigned
• Education:Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent or related discipline
• Experience:Four to six years related experience and/or training, including experience managing large tradeshow engagements
• Experience setting up and running/moderating virtual events on GoToMeeting, Teams, and other similar platforms
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above
• Knowledge of Smartsheet and Cvent or similar software/tools preferred
• This position requires regular domestic travel
The pay range for this position is $70k - $80K. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs