AMETEK, Inc. Regional Sales Manager - Northeast in Wilmington, Massachusetts
Regional Sales Manager - Northeast
Job ID: 21453
Functional Area: Sales
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Hours of Work:
Location: US - Massachusetts - Wilmington
Division: MMA - Materials Analysis Division
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Relocation Provided: Some Relocation May Be Available
Travel Percentage: 75.00
Email a Friend Save SaveApply Now
.SPECTRO is one of the worldwide leading suppliers of analytical instruments, employing optical emission (Arc/Spark OES, ICP-OES) and X-ray fluorescence spectrometry (XRF) technology, used for the elemental analysis of materials in industry, research and academia. SPECTRO is a member of the AMETEK Materials Analysis Division. SPECTRO manufactures advanced instruments and develops the best solutions for elemental analysis in a broad range of applications Elemental analysis is continuing to develop at a fast pace worldwide with the need for ultimate precision, complex system requirements, and expanding fields of applications for even routine operations. SPECTRO leads the progress advancements in this field by providing new solutions and continuous innovations. Founded in 1979 as a 3-man-enterprise, SPECTRO today employs over 400 employees around the world and is listed as the clear market leader for metal analyzers. In addition, growth in the sales of ICP and XRF spectrometers has continued to exceed industry averages.
The Regional Sales Manager is a field-based position responsible for achieving or exceeding the assigned territory sales plan. The RSM will have a strong technical acumen and technical creditability in ICP, ED-XRF, Mobile, Stationary Lab Spark-OES, and/or the CAPEX sales within or related to Markets served by such products. The RSM will embrace the overall company growth strategy, define and lead the regional sales strategy, and direct all sales activities within the assigned geography with excellent territory management and exemplary closing skills. The RSM will build successful territory plans and account level strategies that translate into business results. This position is an individual contributor responsible for regional sales in the Northeast region.
• Capital sales acumen demonstrates funnel management skills with strong hunting/prospecting/market development and closing skills.
• Business acumen commitment to rigorous territory planning, market knowledge, both accurate and timely forecasting.
• Develops and manages to a business plan to meet or exceed business goals and sales quota for the territory agreed upon by management.
• Understands lab project needs and business needs of the customer to position an ICP, ED-XRF, Mobile, Stationary Lab Spark-OES solution to win the business. Seek Cross-Selling opportunities to aid colleagues.
• Consistently and accurately manages sales processes including following up on leads, funnel management, sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of SFDC.
• Maintaining routine contact with customers to determine their needs/requirements through both face to face and telephone contact with the expected degree of professionalism.
• Arranging demonstrations with applications and accompanying the customers to demos where appropriate.
• As required preparing quotes and securing purchase orders. Submitting complete proper internal paperwork for each order in a timely manner. Maintain appropriate quotation documentation.
• Liaison with Management regarding requirements to achieve specific orders and updates on prospects on an ongoing basis, by accurately forecasting activity and daily use of SFDC.
• Update Management on an ongoing basis on competitive activity and complete lost/won order reports as appropriate.
• Attend all seminar, exhibitions, shows and meetings as required.
• Attend training courses as appropriate to maintain a high level of product knowledge
• Proficiency in MS Office products, and SalesForce.com
• Liaison with customer support and service to ensure thorough knowledge of territory/customers and potential problem issues and opportunities.
• Positively represent SPECTRO at all times.
• Candidates should reside in the territory. Territory includes PA, NJ, NY, CT, MA, VT, NH, ME
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• 3+ years of Capital Equipment Sales experience
• Technical familiarity with product line(s) and markets
• Sales Funnel Management Skills
• Strong Hunting, Prospecting, and Closing skills
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Strong interpersonal, oral, presentation and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Exceptional negotiation skills are a prerequisite
• Ability to manage extensive local & regional travel schedule (up to 75% in front of customers required)
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• MS Office products and SFDC familiarity a definite plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.