AMETEK, Inc. Marketing Analyst in Wilmington, Massachusetts
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Experience Required:3 - 5 Years
Hours of Work:
Location:US - Massachusetts - Wilmington
Division:AHV - Measurement & Power Systems
Education Required:Bachelors Degree
Email a FriendSaveSaveApply Now
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annualized sales of more than $4.5 billion.
AMETEK has 17,000 colleagues at more than 150 operating locations, and a global network of sales, service and support locations in 30 countries around the world.
AMETEK's Corporate Growth Plan is founded on four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, Global & Market Expansion, and New Products. Its objectives are double-digit annual percentage growth in earnings per share and a superior return on total capital.
AMETEK consists of two operating groups:
• Electronic Instruments - a leader in the design and manufacture of advanced instruments for the aerospace, power, process and industrial markets.
• Electromechanical - a differentiated supplier of electrical interconnects, precision motion control solutions, specialty metals, thermal management systems, and floor care and specialty motors.
Sensors and Fluid Management Systems Business Unit
Our Sensors and Fluid Management Systems Business Unit has designed and manufactured aircraft sensors for over 60 years, starting with the first U.S. aircraft engine applications and serves both the military and commercial markets. We offer custom design and engineering services and high quality manufacturing standards to measure many aircraft operating parameters including temperature, speed, pressure, flow, and level. Our product portfolio consists of high temperature thermocouples, speed sensors, fuel gauging systems, fuel level and temperature sensors, lube oil level and temperature sensors, hydraulic level and temperature sensors, waste water level sensors, fuel flowmeters and flow switches, pressure sensors, accelerometers, angle of attack and other air data system sensors and cables and harnesses.
The Marketing Analyst leverages self-directed research, intelligence gathering, analysis and reporting to drive growth that aligns with SFMS business unit goals, ensuring decision making is based on sound judgment. The role works with Sales leadership and BU management on strategic initiatives to drive revenue growth; to gather insights from the company’s customers; to validate strategic marketing efforts; and to help the sales team and management make data-driven decisions that align with overall company objectives. Responsibilities also include developing market forecasts, sales budget, competitive assessments and technology trends.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Industry and Market Analysis: Conduct research and intelligence gathering necessary to develop market assessments and competitive overviews leveraging internal, public domain, and subscription based sources. Translate research into actionable intelligence to promote business development and innovation growth.
• Market segmentation: Assimilate available macroeconomic and industry specific data into defined market segments; estimate market segment size, market share positions, and forecasted demand and areas for growth. Assess market by available channels and review competitive positioning.
• Competitive intelligence: Identify and summarize key competitor positions including financial, channel strength, key customer positions, product summaries, and technology positions. Working with the BD Team, develop and maintain updated SWOT Analysis of Competitors. Assist and provide intelligence for use in strategic planning and support of proposal generation, product development and acquisitions.
• Technology Trends: Identify and provide analysis on emerging technology trends that present innovation opportunities, or competitive threats.
• Customer Analysis: Leverage research, channel partner, and internal sales data to ensure long term growth and share. Analyze profitability and compare trends. Assist in identifying target accounts and contacts for growth and lead generation activities.
• Reporting: Establish and publish routine and on-request reports that serves as baseline data for budgets, opportunity profitability assessment, and supports the BU financial objectives.
• Communicating: Participate in the development of communication strategies to generate leads and new business opportunities, providing analysis in support of strategy and tactical programs.
• Special projects: Work with the Commercial Team and Business Unit leadership to support sponsored projects with dynamic requirements including strategic planning, budgeting, product road-mapping or other activities as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or similar with 3-5+ years of related experience.
• Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills and communications skills (both written and oral) with attention to detail
• Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines
• Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to relationship-building, both internally and externally
• Must be self-directed and be able to work well under pressure, multi-task, and meet deadlines
• Due to contracts with the United States Government, candidates must be either a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
• Local candidates only
Please submit resume and salary requirements to:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.