Charles River Laboratories Market Research Manager in Wilmington, Massachusetts
Market Research Manager
Req ID #: 38179
Wilmington, MA, US
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Market Research Manager for our site in Wilmington, MA.
Conduct complex, market research to support all CRL businesses in evaluating current and potential new or expanded markets, and to provide information on competitive practices in the marketplace. Summarize research results and present to senior management with initial recommendations on advisability of entering new/expanded markets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Conduct complex market research studies to determine potential promotion, distribution, design and pricing of CRL products and services.
· Perform analyses in the areas of scientific application, scientific validity, market opportunities, trends, potential customers, market size, competitors, penetration and product preferences and make initial recommendations regarding the advisability of adding new product lines, new acquisitions, new facilities or new services or modifications to current product/service offerings
· Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
· Perform all other related duties as assigned.
· Communicate with internal/external clients to understand and document the business objectives of studies.
· Update and maintain the integrity of internal intelligence databases. Gather data on competitors and analyze prices, sales and methods of marketing and distribution.
· Collect and analyze data on customer preferences, satisfaction, and buying habits to evaluate preferences, and to evaluate existing and potential product/service markets, drug pipeline trends and emerging trends.
· Examine and analyze statistical data to suggest future market trends. Identify those that may impact the business in the short-, mid- or long-term. Fully translate the results of analysis to financial metrics and improved outcomes.
· Prepare reports and graphic illustrations of findings to present to relevant internal audiences.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent advanced degree in business, mathematics, science or statistics or related discipline. MBA strongly preferred.
Experience: Minimum of three years related experience in market research analysis in a non-consumer (preferably biomedical) industry.
Certification/Licensure: Experience with Salesforce.com or other similar CRM system preferred.
Other: Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Exceptional written, oral and presentation communication abilities. Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.
For more information, please visitwww.criver.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet