Charles River Laboratories Executive Director, SAP in Wilmington, Massachusetts
Executive Director, SAP
Req ID #: 215599
US Wilmington, MA, US, 01887
At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
Responsible for building and managing the SAP team, including all aspects of business process, technology, program/project management, change management, and governance. Create and “sell-in” strategies that support long term business goals, anticipate tactical needs, and maximize value out of the SAP platform. Work across executives and business operations to ensure successful roadmap implementation
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create overall strategy based on business goals and direction, with supporting roadmap accounting for technology trends and regulatory requirements. Articulate alternative options and solicit approval from governance board and Executive Committee.
• Accountable and responsible to migrate all SAP workloads to AWS.
• Accountable and responsible to upgrade to S4 HANA
• Lead and coordinate all components of SAP and programs within it: business process & analysis, systems/solutions, testing, change management & training, program/project management, master data, SOX compliance, business operations resources.
• Execute SAP-based business transformations in the financial and business functions, from concept proposal to realization, stabilization, and ongoing management; accountable for all methodology deliverables.
• Implement governance structure in partnership with Finance and business stakeholders. Act as key IT executive leading governance, raising strategic decisions and risks/issues for resolution. Ensure that effective decisions are made at the lowest level reasonable in the organization. Accountable for executing governance decisions.
• Identify risks to goals and objectives and create mitigation plans in collaboration with stakeholders.
• Ensure relevant and timely communication to stakeholders at all levels.
• Responsible for all aspects of resourcing the SAP team, including rationalization of skill sets and resources, training, leveraging outsourcing & consulting as appropriate to result in a high performing team overall.
• Responsible for all aspects of funding and budget management, including resources, programs, process, and technology.
• Collaborate with all CRL businesses in setting service level agreements (SLAs) with all vendors and hold them accountable, ensuring that CRL meets our end of the agreement.
• Appropriately maintain all IT systems falling into the SAP, AWS, BPC, legacy financial systems, integration points. Account for risks and application retirement in strategic plan.
• Recommend SLAs to internal stakeholders, solicit approval, and adhere to approved SLAs on all components.
• Work closely with process owners to manage scope and ensure programs deliver expected business outcomes and capabilities; accountable for achieving capability objectives and ROI.
• Orchestrate the timely completion of all program aspects, driving excellence in execution through leadership, commitment, and stakeholder management; accountable for on-time, on-budget delivery.
• Leverage SAP methodology in concert with required aspects of CRL’s program management methodology.
• Partner with business and finance to create business cases; lead the measurement of value and ROI realized in the course of all CR IT projects.
• Lead with a continuous improvement mentality, and provide metrics to show the realization.
• Responsible for personnel management activities such as: scheduling, personnel actions (hiring, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in finance, computer science, engineering, business administration or related discipline. MBA or other relevant graduate degree preferred.
• Experience: 15+ years SAP experience (SAP preferred) in successful management of large scale, global programs. Experience in vendor management, including off-site and off-shore resources strongly preferred. Experience working in a multi-billion-dollar public, global company required.
• Experience migrating global SAP workloads to AWS required.
• Experience upgrading to S4 required.
• Well versed in Agile methodology required.
• Other: Financial process design and implementation experience and acumen required. Strong communication skills including influencing and aligning required. Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects and related tasks concurrently. Life Sciences experience or other regulated industry experience preferred. Must be able to successfully negotiate with and influence Executive-level management on strategic decisions and policy-making.
• Must regularly operate a computer and occasionally operate other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Must regularly communicate with employees/customers; must be able to exchange accurate information.
• Must occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc...
The pay range for this position is $200,000- $245,000 USD. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs