PDS Tech Inc CAD Designer Specialist in Wilmington, Massachusetts
PDS Tech is seeking CAD Designer Specialists near Wilmington, MA.
This position will be responsible for providing Design support to customer-funded programs and internal research efforts within our Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) business units. Our intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) solutions serve a broad array of government, civil and commercial customers by enhancing information superiority, contributing to our national security and providing actionable data for the protection of property and human life. We specialize in high-reliability airborne and space-based remote sensing payloads that offer active and motion imaging and data processing, exploitation, and dissemination. We also provide solutions that map and monitor the earth for a variety of commercial and governmental users.
Provide CAD support (Autodesk Inventor) to engineers and other designers.
Generate new drawings and documentation, as well as modify existing drawings and documentation.
Manage and control mechanical digital data files and drawings.
Prepare and incorporate engineering change orders.
Input data and manage hardware structures in a Product Data Management tool (Vault).
• Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience or Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience, or equivalent.
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Expert knowledge in 3D parametric CAD modeling and PDM systems. Experience with Inventor and Vault highly desirable.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and general understanding of manufacturing and assembly techniques.
• Knowledge of applicable government and industry standards including ASME Y14.5 (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) and ASME Y14.100 (Engineering Drawing Practices), and its application techniques.
• Strong understanding and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
• Previous experience in designing electro-optical and opto-mechanical payloads and sub-systems for aerospace & military defense applications.
• Experience in developing interfaces between spacecraft, payload systems, and sub-assemblies is highly desired.
• Previous experience in supporting the design of space structures, mechanisms, electronics packaging, and/or composite structures.
• Outstanding oral, written and presentation skills for interfacing with senior management and customers.
• DOD secret security clearance desired.
Please be aware this position requires the ability to obtain a Security Clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
PDS Tech Inc
- PDS Tech Inc Jobs