Charles River Laboratories Business Development Director-Safety Assessment - SanFran CA territory (REMOTE) in Wilmington, Massachusetts
Business Development Director-Safety Assessment - SanFran CA territory (REMOTE)
Req ID #: 215608
Wilmington, MA, US, 01887 US
For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position,a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
We are seeking an experiencedBusiness Development Director. The Business Development Director (BDD) reports directly to the Director of SA Sales and is responsible for planning, directing and executing a geographic, territory-based field sales strategy. The BDD will be accountable for delivering profitable sales growth for their individual territory by targeting and visiting clients face to face to build strong commercial relationships and customer loyalty.
The successful candidate will be a self-starting; results focused individual with a demonstrable record of sustained sales results achieved by building strong client relationships and loyalty. Drives growth by developing clear long and short term account plans targeting profitable opportunities.
The following are the responsibilities related to the Business Development Director position:
• Responsible for building profitable annual sales growth and achieving agreed annual sales targets for the portfolio of Safety Assessment Services within a defined sales territory and/or strategic account portfolio assignment.
• Builds and executes annual territory sales growth plan. Formally updates quarterly.
• Targets client growth opportunities in the biopharmaceutical sector
• Navigates and networks complex decision-making units in large accounts to identify key decision makers, build relevant relationships/client loyalty and grow CRL market share and sales volume across the safety assessment services portfolio
• Builds detailed account plans for coordinated management and reporting of client opportunities
• Liaises with client services to execute effective and efficient commercial transaction processes including proposals, pricing and contracting
• Utilizes CRM system effectively and efficiently to provide real-time communication of client activities and opportunity management
• Represents CRL safety assessment services at key relevant scientific conferences
• Pro-actively provides market and competitor feedback through formal marketing intelligence reporting system
• Field based position requiring frequent travel. Approx. 60% of working time in field visiting clients at their R&D sites, hosting client visits to CRL sites and attending key relevant industry conferences
The following are the qualifications related to the Business Development Director position:
• Minimum of undergraduate BS/BA degree in life science or business related subject.
• A higher degree such as MSc. or MBA preferable
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience.
• At least 2 years direct field sales experience in the CRO sector
• Demonstrable account planning and management skills
• Evidence of sustained multiple year sales growth performance
• Direct experience using CRM for client management and activity reporting
• In depth knowledge and experience of drug development cycle
The pay range for this position is $73,222 - $122,036 USD. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs