Eversource Energy Project Outreach Specialist (Siting and Construction) in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! Responsible for mitigating project risk by effectively managing project-related stakeholder interactions. Working with Project Team members, subject matter experts (SMEs), and other Eversource departments, the Specialist develops and implement project-based Outreach Plans in support of Transmission projects.
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
This role is responsible for mitigating project risk by effectively managing project-related stakeholder interactions. As part of a project-based matrixed organization, and working with Project Team members, subject matter experts (SMEs), and other Eversource departments, develop and implement project-based Outreach Plans in support of Transmission projects.
Project support may be required in any of the three states in Eversource’s footprint but primary responsibilities for this position resides in Eastern Massachusetts.
- Develop a strong, working knowledge of, and be held accountable for, the Siting and Construction Services portion of the project’s overall scope, schedule and cost.
- Identify potential areas of project risk associated with appropriate stakeholder groups at each Project cycle stage (planning, siting, construction and restoration); develop risk mitigation plans, working with internal SMEs as needed.
- Based on the risk profile, develop project-specific Outreach Plans and implement a comprehensive program of project-based outreach to designated stakeholders, including property owners along the project routes, for notification of project milestones at each major stage of the projects: siting, construction and restoration.
- Assist in project-related interactions and communications; schedule/execute face-to-face project briefings; maintain communications with municipal leaders/staff on project-related issues in order to identify opportunities/means to address municipal concerns, working with Community Relations.
- Develop project-specific messaging for each stakeholder group; working with Corporate Communications, ensure alignment with Corporate messaging.
- Work with Company subject matter experts, e.g., PM, Siting, Construction Manager, Community Relations and others as needed, to develop necessary presentations and materials to support liaison responsibilities.
- Support notification the various municipal and safety officials, local residents and media (as warranted and through Media Relations) regarding impacts of high profile events (e.g. splice implosions, auto-transformer deliveries, helicopter wire stringing, blasting, etc.).
- Develop a right-of-way “focus area” list to anticipate and mitigate local impacts, issues, concerns, inquiries, complaints from the communities, abutting proper owners and other residents businesses, NGOs, etc., that inevitably will arise during construction of a project.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Project Impact Mitigation initiatives at the municipal, property owner and other stakeholder levels. Identify and ensure fulfillment of commitments for non-regulatory agreements made with such stakeholders as a means to achieve construction goals.
- Develop and implement the logistics associated with public Siting hearings and related processes conducted by the respective state siting councils/boards as required, including presentations and other materials, map books, regulator bus tour materials, hearing signage and related property owner permissions, among others.
- Work with PM to conduct/support ongoing training of all field contractors to ensure their compliance with project standards related public interactions, siting requirements (e.g., work hours), local stakeholder agreements, and individual residential and business commitments.
- Coordinate and/or conduct regular pro-active field outreach to residents along project route for notification of planned right-of-way and/or station activities, including door-to-door project communications.
- Strong ability to provide both strategic insight and perform detail-based analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Proven track record in planning, coordinating, and managing diverse projects.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, anticipate problems, and influence outcomes.
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, municipal officials, business organizations, environmental groups, and community based organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage conflict.
- Basic understanding of Federal and state siting and permitting requirements.
- Basic understanding of the transmission facilities construction process.
- Graphics, advanced presentation development, GIS/mapping skills preferred.
- Bilingual English / Spanish preferred but not required
Minimum of 5 years utility or related industry experience. Customer and/or stakeholder interaction experience preferred.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Construction Management, Marketing, Business Management, or related education/experience. Communications minor/concentration is a plus.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs