Bentley University Social Media Associate Director in Waltham, Massachusetts
Department: Office of the President
Summary of Position:
Do you love using social media to tell stories and create an unforgettable brand identity? Bentley University is hiring a Social Media Associate Director to shape its social media strategy, build online audiences, coordinate the university’s social media accounts and update social channels on a daily basis. The ideal candidate has held a similar role at a well-established brand and enjoys both executing social media programs as well as serving in an advisory role, counseling senior executives and other in-house practitioners in social media best practices.
- Serve as the university’s brand voice across multiple social media channels, conveying a positive, lively, upbeat view of life at Bentley for current students, prospective students and families, media and other audiences.
- Understand the overarching goals of a campaign and be able to identify the correct social media channels and tactics to achieve those goals.
- Create and schedule content to multiple university social media channels including Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Facebook Live in order to increase loyalty and engagement among Bentley’s online audiences and grow those audiences.
- Work closely with writers, photographers, videographers and other content producers in a collaborative, team-first way to produce multi-media content for social channels including engaging videos, photos, graphics and infographics.
- Understand the differences among the university’s social media channels, including which of our audiences “live” on each as well as the type and frequency of content best-suited for each.
- Serve as an advisor to senior officials including the president in choosing which social media platforms to use, the type and frequency of content to post, and other social media best practices.
- Coordinate the style and messaging across social media accounts from various university departments, ensuring a consistent approach that supports the university’s overall brand.
- Use tools such as SproutSocial, Google Analytics or social media channels’ native measurement tools to set campaign goals, gauge the effectiveness of campaigns, and recommend new approaches as needed to reach those goals.
- Manage two to four student interns to help cover on-campus events and illustrate the dynamism of life at Bentley.
- Keep up to date on changing social media best practices to keep Bentley’s social media platforms ahead of the curve.
- Work with the university president to devise a personal social media strategy and create and schedule posts for her.
- High school diploma required.
- At least five years of communications experience with progressive responsibility, including at least three years of social media execution and engagement.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Working knowledge of SproutSocial, Google Analytics, Facebook or other native social measurement analytic tools.
- Ability to build relationships with people across the university, from students to the president to those in between, to tell their stories and showcase life on campus.
- Ability to work closely on a daily basis in a team setting, collaborate with others, and contribute to a positive work culture.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of Canva, Photoshop or other content creation tools
- Experience in photography and videography
Posting #: FY1917101
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.