National Grid Senior Program Manager in Waltham, Massachusetts
National Grid’s Customer Innovation & Development department is responsible for the total customer experience and brand strategy. This department champions project pilots, proofs of concept, product innovations, product development, and “customer evangelism” with the goal of transforming the way we communicate with our customers to deliver exceptional products and services during the Moments that Matter. This department’s mission is to speak with “one voice to the customer” by collecting, translating, and communicating customer insights across our U.S. businesses.
_About the Position:_
The Senior Program Manager in the New Energy Innovation team under National Grid’s Customer Innovation & Development department is responsible for identifying and/or developing innovative solutions for National Grid’s electric and natural gas customers then transferring to the business to scale. The ideal candidate for this position is comfortable working in the abstract, collaborating with the business, and creating tangible deliverables based on customer insights.
_Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):_
· In collaboration with cross-functional teams (e.g., product managers, engineers, operations), identify and/or develop then test or demonstrate new products & services with defined business cases that can improve customers’ experiences with the utility
· Tied to energy technology portfolios (e.g., clean transportation, smart cities, smart buildings, energy efficiency, electric heat, renewable energy), research and analyze emerging technologies, overall market trends, and regulatory and policy impacts as needed
· Develop strategies and actions plans which support operational delivery and achievement of annual goals or revenue targets as needed
· Minimum BA/BS degree in engineering, finance, economics, technology, science, or related fields
·Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience in product management, project management, engineering, or consulting
· Direct experience working with electric utilities and other energy industry stakeholders, including an understanding of the utility regulatory environment, preferred
· Approach problem-solving with a customer-centric and entrepreneurial mindset
· Be willing to quickly change direction and viewpoints based on new information or constraints
· Direct experience developing strategy, execution plans, and business cases for energy-related technologies preferred
· Direct experience bringing a product to market preferred
· Demonstrated track record of successfully executing, and building relationships, with cross-functional teams in ambiguous or uncertain environments
· Demonstrated track record of developing and managing technical products & services and/or designing and implementing transformative efforts within a large organization
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
/National Grid is an equal opportunity employer thatvaluesa broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture ofinclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to bean affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team./
Title: Senior Program Manager
Requisition ID: 20182115