Stanley Black and Decker Senior Manager-Endpoint Solutions in Waltham, Massachusetts
About the Company Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable things.
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Porter-Cable. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency.
No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we’ll keep making it work.
The senior manager of endpoint solutions is an experienced professional who leads the effort to create an endpoint computing environment that encourages digital dexterity through the adroit use of technology. The goal is to improve employee agility and engagement without compromising cybersecurity or reliability so that Stanley Black & Decker can profit from changing business models and improved workforce effectiveness to achieve its business goals. The primary goal of endpoint solutions is to maximize the effectiveness of individual employees, teams, workgroups and communities through the applications and services they use regularly. The primary function of the endpoint solutions senior manager is creating the work environment that ensures this goal. This person does so by: Executing the needed organizational and process changes. Leading a cross-functional team dedicated to this initiative.
- Developing endpoints that incorporate efficient/effective cybersecurity technologies, modern workforce productivity tools, trending collaboration products, and business line applications as appropriate.
- Applying user-experience principles.
- Testing emerging technologies
_ Principal Accountabilities_
- Champions endpoint solution initiatives that support Stanley Black & Decker's digital business transformation, enabling its participation in the digital economy.
- Works with the CIO Infrastructure Services, VP User Collaboration Services, Chief Information Security Officer, VP End User Services, IT leaders and business leaders to establish the endpoint solutions vision. Once the endpoint solutions vision is established and embraced, the endpoint solutions senior manager ensures its ongoing visibility and awareness through a well-orchestrated communications plan. This person also leads the work of adjusting the vision, when warranted by changes in business conditions.
- Organizes and leads an endpoint solutions steering committee, which will plan and govern endpoint solution initiatives in specific business areas (such as Engineering, Factory Floor or Customer Service) and across the organization; and which will share best practices and review program progress.
- Takes input from the steering committee members and executive leadership to create an execution strategy that promotes employee engagement through the use of consumer-oriented technology services. Enables employees to have a greater voice in technology directions and endpoint solutions.
- Involves business process management professionals to rethink, simplify and redesign existing processes to ensure employee engagement and effectiveness. Explores and improves how employees engage with each other as well as with customers and business partners.
- Identifies "citizen IT" activities and works with the employees involved to bring these activities into the broader corporate technology portfolio, thereby establishing greater trust between employees and the IT organization.
- Develops feedback relationships to identify and clarify the technology trends already present in the workplace and those that should be brought into the workplace. Works closely with colleagues in Infrastructure Services and the IT Sourcing Center. Establishes a methodology for consistent implementation services, such as procurement, provisioning, deployment, training and promotion.
- Leads the development, publication and maintenance of the corporate endpoint solutions architecture, as well as the roadmap for its future development, that matches and supports business needs.
- Develops metrics that allow the organization to gauge the success of its endpoint solutions investments. Ensures that this data is collected, analyzed, tracked, communicated using performance scorecards, and acted upon.
Desired Skills and Experience
Minimum of 10 years of hands-on technical endpoint solutions experience.
Expert level knowledge of IT systems design principles and technologies.
Experience designing and implementing endpoint solutions.
Previous consulting or sales engineering experience is ideal.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Must have excellent project management skills, including the ability to plan, organize, & prioritize multiple projects to ensure target dates & goals are achieved.
Working knowledge of graphic presentation applications used for flow-charting and infrastructure depiction such as Visio and demonstrated ability to produce high quality documentation.
Experience with network, host, application and data security; practical experience with firewalls; perimeter protection, virtual private networks (VPN); intrusion detection in depth; advanced incident handling and forensics practices.
Undergraduate Degree from a four-year university with a degree or major course work in computer science, telecommunications, networking, engineering or other computer-related field of study with
10+ years of experience working in an information technology or related field, or Graduate Degree and 4-6 years of relevant experience.
3-6 years leadership experience
Job Location: Waltham, MA Travel Requirements*:* (both domestic and international): up to 10%
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law
Requisition Number: 53065BR
Business: US - Global IT