Carbon Black, Inc. Senior Corporate Communications Manager in Waltham, Massachusetts
Senior Corporate Communications Manager
MarComm and BrandingWaltham, MassachusettsUnited StatesBoston, Massachusetts
Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the chance to make an impact in the ever-evolving cybersecurity space. Our advanced technology tackles even the toughest challenges and stays ahead of the latest threats. If you want to join an agile company that’s building bleeding edge technology in the cloud, Carbon Black is the place for you. Driven by passionate people who are dedicated to making the world safer, it’s no wonder we’ve been named a “Top Place to Work” by the Boston Globe for four consecutive years. Join us!
Carbon Black’sMarketingand Communications teams work hard to get the word out about our products and story. From company news, quarterly reporting, investor relations, and important external communications, you’ll be responsible for creating and disseminating a clear, concise narrative into the market about Carbon Black and work closely with our marketing, public relations, and internal communications teams.
Why You Matter
We’re looking for an experienced and dynamic Senior Corporate Communications Manager to join our next-generation endpoint security team and help us win in a highly competitive market. We are looking for someone who is an excellent writer, has a clear understanding of cybersecurity, and is able to create a company narrative that is appealing to mass audiences and accurately reflects our leadership position in the market.
Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator with significant experience in: crisis communications, internal communications, reputation management, corporate responsibility, investor relations, quarterly reporting, and marketing communications. This position is highly visible and in-demand — to be successful you need to be a self-starter, critical thinker, doer, and team player.
What You’ll Do
● Develop communications strategies and work closely with our internal PR lead and external PR agency to maximize media exposure
● Lead Carbon Black’s quarterly earnings reporting - both media strategy and outreach
● Write and edit clean copy for all corporate communications initiatives
● Lead communications efforts for investor relations initiatives
● Establish and maintain working relationships with key media stakeholders including business and trade press
● Secure broadcast and business press coverage for Carbon Black
● Create, edit, and distribute company-focused news releases
● Lead potential crisis communication and reputation management initiatives
● Be a key stakeholder and communicator in Carbon Black’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives
● Work in tandem with executives, marketing, and media spokespeople on establishing and proliferating a unique corporate point-of-view in a noisy market
What You’ll Bring
● Minimum of 8 years PR or Corporate Communications experience
● Mix of agency and in-house experience
● Minimum of 2years experiencein house at a public company with direct involvement with quarterly earnings
● Strong and existing relationships with business press
● Strong preference for this role to be in San Francisco, Calif. but will consider candidates in Boston; Waltham, Mass; and Denver, Colo.
● Highly driven - enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
● Assertive team player
● Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with a keen sense of news judgement
Who We AreCarbon Black is a leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black serves more than 3,700 customers globally, including 33 of the Fortune 100. As a cybersecurity innovator, Carbon Black has pioneered multiple endpoint security categories, including application control, endpoint detection and response (EDR), and next-generation antivirus (NGAV). Leveraging its big data and analytics cloud platform – the Cb Predictive Security Cloud – Carbon Black solutions enable customers to defend against the most advanced cyber threats, including malware, ransomware, and non-malware attacks. Deployed via the cloud, on premise, or as a managed service, customers use Carbon Black solutions to lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and replace legacy antivirus.Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.