Wolverine Worldwide Saucony Demand Planner-Apparel in Waltham, Massachusetts
At Saucony, we exist for runners. Runners inspire us, bring us new ideas, force us to be better. They drive our design and engineering. They keep us competitive. They keep us hungry. They keep us honest. Whether it’s in a conference room or out on a lunchtime run, we’re constantly talking about and arguing about our sport, runners and the products that fuel them. We love our products and we run in everything we make. This focus and passion fuels us as we strive to create the best running shoes and apparel on the planet. We leave work each day knowing we’ve done everything to make runners’ lives just a little bit better.
The Demand Planner collaborates with Finance and Product to help align seasonal line plan with Brand Financial, Strategic, and SKU goals. This position coordinates sales forecasting exercises, develops production forecasts, leads the global buy process, places production orders, and supports the day-to-day operational tasks of the department. This position acts as brand point person for all demand and procurement issues and exceptions; summarizing and presenting situations to appropriate Saucony Leadership personnel.
Teams Product Management to develop Seasonal Global Merchandising forecasts and then with Finance to translate the Merch Forecast into a global revenue forecast.
Coordinates Sales Forecasting exercises for evaluating SKU strength vs. minimums, re-validating the line and financial plans, and planning fabric and finished goods production.
Develops production forecasts by factory, by month; and works with sourcing group and/or factories / mills to secure production capacities, and set production priorities.
Leads and constructs the NA buy, and coordinates the seasonal global buy process, first consolidating global orders for evaluating demand against minimums, and finally placing official PO’s with finished goods factories.
Works with Sourcing group, and mills, and finished goods factories, to assure products are made as planned - per spec and XF timelines.
Works with NA supply planning to flow inventory for timely delivery vs. orders, and communicates inventory availability timing with sales and customer service.
Acts as brand point person for all demand and procurement issues and exceptions; summarizing and presenting situations to appropriate Saucony Leadership personnel.
Works globally and across brand functions to determine and construct sales sample needs per each group and ship-to destination, and subsequently communicates with sourcing, mills, and factories for timely production and shipment of sales samples and photo samples.
Data input and reporting in various systems including PLM, SAP, and Syndicated Data etc.
Various administrative and operational support functions.
Performing duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
Performing other duties as required/assigned by manager.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• 2+ years footwear and/or apparel inventory management and/or line management experience, or working in a business process.
• Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and SAP. Ability to learn PLM and Business Warehouse systems. Good MS Excel skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
• Excellent organizational skills for clear directions to Asia, sample room, etc. Adheres to deadlines and coordinates others.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities.
• Ability to grasp product concepts and read specification sheets.
• Interest in the creative process and ability to add value.
• Experience in product sales, marketing and/or retail is a plus.
• Normal office environment. Some travel required. Ability to work flexible hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
External Job Posting Title: Saucony Demand Planner-Apparel
External Company Name: Wolverine Worldwide
External Company URL: www.wolverineworldwide.com