Education Development Center, Inc. Product Marketing Specialist in Waltham, Massachusetts
Product Marketing Specialist(PEW031618)
HQ: Waltham, MA
EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC)
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC promotes equity and access to high quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work.
EDC is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
EDC’sSuicide Prevention Resource Center(SPRC) in the U. S. Division’sSuicide, Violence, and Injury Prevention Portfoliohas an opening for a Product Marketing Specialist (Production Editor/Writer), reporting to the Senior Writer/Editor, located in Waltham, MA.
The Product Marketing Specialist will help lead SPRC toward consistent and strategic storytelling about its products. The person in this position will serve a key role on an adept and collaborative communications team. Responsibilities will include the development of marketing strategy that reflects SPRC’s vision and growth, writing key messaging for internal and external facing communications, and supporting product development efforts. This position requires in-depth knowledge of marketing, as well as the ability to write content to fit strategy and editorial style across diverse channels. The Product Marketing Specialist will also interact with SPRC’s audiences, partners, and funders, and may represent SPRC at exhibits, meetings, or presentations. This is an ideal position for someone looking for a wide variety of responsibilities and opportunities to touch different aspects of marketing, and who is passionate about making a positive impact.
The person in this position is expected to communicate clearly and courteously; to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, co-workers, field sites, and funders; and to work respectfully with EDC colleagues. The job requires adherence to EDC policies & procedures.
The Product Marketing Specialist will be responsible for the development and execution of the following product marketing efforts:
• Meet regularly with SPRC and portfolio leadership to glean insights about market movement and opportunities
• Collaborate with product managers, content leads, and others on the development, management and tracking of new product communications designed for SPRC’s marketing channels
• Lead market research efforts in market assessment, and identification of new product and market opportunities, including trends and emerging channels
• Guide the development of marketing strategy through multiple revisions to achieve objectives
• Work closely with library staff to leverage market research
• Engage audience to obtain feedback and collaborate with product managers to incorporate audience insights
• Draft key promotional messaging for internal and external facing audiences
• Serve as backup writer, as needed; apply editorial style and adeptly use electronic editing tools
• Work with the Director of Communication and the National Partnerships Initiative team to plan for and execute field marketing efforts
• Collaborate with internal and external organizational partners on marketing strategy and cross-promotional efforts
• Lead evaluation efforts for marketing campaigns
• Maintain customer relationship management (CRM) database
• Facilitate project teamwork; engage collaboratively in feedback
• Follow recordkeeping procedures; update and maintain documentation files
• Follow policies and procedures related to service agreements and contractual obligations
This position requires educational achievement; excellent writing skills; demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility; ability to work independently and effectively in groups; and strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Candidates should have the following knowledge, abilities, and personal characteristics:
•Technical Knowledge:Knowledge of content management systems and social media. Comfort exploring and testing new technologies.
•Relationship Building:Demonstrated ability to develop collaborative relationships with colleagues and partners over long distances.
•Communications:Strong written and verbal communication, and presentation skills. Able to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
•Collaboration:Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others across the project and portfolio.
•Personal Qualities:Attentive to detail, proactive, strategic, quick learner, adaptable, attentive to cultural diversity, and flexible.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
• 3–5 years related product marketing experience, preferably in the public health space
• Solid experience with Microsoft Office applications and internet research
• Experience with content management systems and social media
• Knowledge of suicide prevention not necessary, but must have a willingness to learn
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume. The cover letter should be a succinct statement of interest to include highlights of relevant qualifications and experience for the role desired. Note: applications without requested items will not be considered.
EDC, 43 Foundry Ave, Waltham, MA 02453
No phone calls, please
As an EOE/AA employer, EDC does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status. EDC is a smoke-free workplace.