HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Documentation Manager in Waltham, Massachusetts
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Mobile Heartbeat we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
For us, atMobile Heartbeat™ improving the way clinical professionals communicate and collaborate is a calling. We’re seeking talented, creative professionals who feel the same way.
Here you’ll be part of a team that’s passionate about building great solutions that empower our customers to do great things. You’ll work in an environment that’s energized by new ideas and fresh thinking. And we have fun doing it.
About the Job
At Mobile Heartbeat, you’ll be working with cutting edge technologies and having a direct impact on healthcare delivery in hospitals across the United States. Our products are used by nurses, doctors and other care providers across a range of hospitals, providing secure clinical communication, access to patient data, and care teams as well as delivery of alerts and alarms.
As theDocumentation Manager,your responsibilities are twofold:
As a manager you will develop and grow the writers on your team and shape the company documentation strategy.
As a technical writer, you will set the standard for documentation, ensuring technically accuracy, well-written and easy to understand documentation.
In this position, you will work alongside engineering, support, and product teams to deliver new feature, service, and technical documents. Additionally, you will manage the feedback loops with customers, measuring documentation success through data analysis and direct engagement with customers. This role reports to the Director of Product.
- o Writes technical materials, such as new feature documentation, knowledge base articles, user guides, support documentation, and architectural diagrams. o Revises and edits documentation materials o Applies knowledge of field-specific documentation content and format standards to prepare, edit, and publish technical materials o Works cross functionally to deliver industry leading documentation o Self-starter who is able to run with new projects and initiatives with little supervision. o Create and ensure various types of documentation are accurate, readable, well organized and geared toward intended user o Leverage knowledge and experience to develop improvements to documentation systems o Review documentation usage data and engage with end consumers to adjust and improve documentation systems o Manage and grow the documentation team, helping to improve the skills of technical writers o Successfully work on multiple projects with concurrent and shifting deadlines. You must meet these deadlines while producing work that meets the standards of both Blackbaud and our clients. o Research and learn new technologies as required by the products you document, and the tools and methodologies used to create user assistance content. o Interact with Subject Matter Experts to efficiently gather information with the goal of becoming an expert on the products you document.
Required Skills, Education and Experience
- 5 years of experience creating, editing, and reviewing technical documentation, or content strategist
- 2 years of experience in a supervisor or managerial position
- Strong collaboration and listening skills. Ability to learn, research, and articulate technical concepts and translate these elements into compelling, user-facing documentation.
- Strong understanding of SaaS delivery model, API documentation, and cloud technologies
- Experience working in an agile software development environment is a plus
- Experience creating screencasts and videos is a plus.
- An enthusiastic work ethic, passion for technology, and the discipline to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to establish and follow style and usage guidelines.
- Experience with source control and CMS tools such as MadCap Flare and FreshDesk, or similar.
- Degree in Computer Science, Technical Communications, English or equivalent Mobile Heartbeat supplies a secure mobile communication platform that enables care team members—from case managers and pharmacists to nurses and physicians—to communicate and share clinical data through secure text messaging.
HCA Healthcare, our parent company, is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleague’s unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Documentation Manager
Location: Massachusetts-Waltham-Mobile Heartbeat
Requisition ID: 26839-16170