Eversource Energy Communications Specialist in Waltham, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)See below
Strategic Communications Role and Position Scope:
We are seeking a Communications Specialist to join our team. Responsibilities will include developing clear and compelling internal and external communications using a variety of channels. Responding to storm and other emergencies as part of the communications team will be a critical responsibility of this position. Excellent writing and project management skills are essential, as well as having proven experience engaging effectively with all levels of an organization. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the energy industry and a desire to help Eversource advance a cleaner energy future.
- Writing and editing external communications in variety of formats regarding projects, customer issues and rate changes
- Developing and implementing strategic communications plans
- Working to continually enhance communications in response to storms and other emergencies that could disrupt customers’ service
- Supporting Eversource management with internal communications and employee meetings
- Excellent writing skills and experience in writing for different formats
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities to use communications to advance business priorities and business objectives
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work within tight deadlines with an attention to details
- Proven team player who works collaboratively and understands how to build coalitions in a matrixed environment
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, English, business, journalism, literature, or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of experience writing and editing communications and developing and implementing high-quality communications through multiple channels
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignments as required
- Location TBD based on candidate location. Options may include Boston, MA; Westwood, MA; Manchester, NH; Hartford, CT; Berlin, CT
- Open-minded and inclusive
- Engaged listening skills
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
• Know the business objective and how your role connects to it.
• Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution.
• Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance.
• Raise ideas for improvement.
• Communicate, communicate, communicate.
Build Trusting Relationships
• Follow through on.
• Address difficult or controversial issues.
• Have honest dialogue with others.
Manage and Develop People
• Set performance goals that align with department and company goals.
• Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance.
• Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
• Work collaboratively within and across the organization.
• Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work.
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
• Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives in your work.
• Proactively seek opportunities to improve customer service.
• Respond positively to new demands or circumstances.
• Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and processes.
Focus on the Customer
• Deliver superior service to our customers.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs