National Grid Capacity and Demand Management Lead in Waltham, Massachusetts
National Grid is hiring an Capacity & Demand Management Lead for our technology group in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
You will work across the CTO organization to understand demand and capacity management needs as well as engaging our customers to understand their requirements.
You will manage an end to end demand and capacity management process which will capture work from both within and external to the CTO organization, review and assess the work and determine how the work will be fulfilled.
We are looking for a results driven and creative individual that is eager to work within a fast-paced environment. To succeed in this role, you will need to be able to combine your understanding of demand and capacity management with strong organizational skills to manage multiple activities to strict deadlines.
Manage the end to end resource (people) demand and capacity management process for CTO – examples of activities are below, but this is not expected to be an exhaustive list
Determine stakeholders and engage
Manage process to meet requirements including, but not limited to
request triage and estimation
customer feedback and engagement
demand resource recommendations (skill gaps, recruitment, training plans etc)Reporting
KPIs / Metrics to determine how effective the process is
Metrics to provide team leads information about demand and capacity requirements for their teamsContinuous process improvement
Continually review demand and capacity management process to identify improvements
Manage backlog of improvements and implement as required
Technical Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
We are looking for someone with excellent organization skills, including excellent facilitation skills, proven communication skills, including writing and presenting.
Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills, including a desire to collaborate with immediate team members, cross-functional stakeholders, and influencers at all levels of the organization is effective and pro-active problem solving and program/time management skills, with the ability to independently track multiple activities and deadlines and is proactive and self-motivated within a deadline-driven environment.
We believe that diversity of experience and background leads to better ideas and a stronger company. We encourage everyone to bring their unique perspectives to our team.
Candidate should have experience of resource management, demand and capacity management as well as knowledge of process creation / mapping and resource demand and capacity management systems. They should also have experience of skills and capabilities management, recruitment and creating training curriculums to address gaps.
• Bachelor's Degree or 5+ years equivalent work experience
• 3+ years Resource demand and capacity management experience
• Demonstrated collaboration, problem-solving, and influencing skills
• Must be a clear and articulate communicator and have professional poise and presence with a diverse set of audiences, with the ability to partner across all levels
• A decisive, action-oriented individual
• Resource demand and capacity management across a team of approx. 700 people
• Team cover both UK and US team members
• Differing process between UK and US
• Resource Guru tool already purchased for demand management
• Differing team functions and roles across the organisation included in the process
• Key stakeholders include: CTO leadership team, non-CTO project / delivery teams
• Deliver excellent performance – You consistently achieve strong results and make smart decisions. You deliver on your promises.
• Lead through ambiguity & change – You look ahead and externally to navigate quickly through complexity. You use judgement and insight to make positive change.
• Coach and challenge your team – You create the environment for your team to deliver. You challenge constructively but hold yourself and your team to account.
• Think and Act Commercially – You always think about the bottom line. You always ask ‘will this add the most value?’
• Living the Values - Finding a Better Way; Doing The Right Thing
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.