Belcan Senior Level Technical Writer in Taunton, Massachusetts
Senior Level Technical Writer
Job Number: 285205
Category: Technical Writing
Description: A Senior Level Technical Writer job in Taunton, MA is currently available through Belcan. In this role, you will be responsible for creating, developing, planning, writing and editing complex operational, instructional, interactive electronic technical manuals (IETMs), maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia or web-based publication. To be considered for this role, you will have a Bachelor’s degree in a specialized area or field, or equivalent, plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Due to the nature of the work performed in this facility, US citizenship is required.
Senior Level Technical Writer Job duties:
• Conducts interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation • Researches and translates technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for nontechnical and technical users.
• Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals.
• Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards • Mentors junior writers, providing feedback and critiquing work to assist with developing leadership skills, documentation skills and expertise with production tools, projects, etc.; provides input to junior writers PC for evaluation, recommendations for skills improvement and objective setting.
• Researches new production tools and third party software that will help improve work processes by conducting research via the Internet, trade journals, seminars, user forums, etc. to solve current workflow problems and suggest to management ways to improve our documentation process.
• Provides recommendations and ideas to the technical documentation team, project leads, management and the customer on best work practices, workflow, presentation, structure and organization of materials by developing new work processes and methods using existing authoring tools, new authoring tools and third party plug-ins in order to improve work process efficiency and overall quality of customer deliverables.
• Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
• Strong English language skills including accurate definitions and spelling of relevant technical words, rules of composition, and grammar • Strong written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with the target audience.
• Strong working knowledge of DoD MIL Standards and style guides and the ability to adhere to and implement such standards to technical documentation.
• Experience in a structured regulatory environment with advanced quality systems such as ISO13485, FDA cGMP, MDD, ISO 9001, AS9100, TS16949 or equivalent.
• Strong proficiency with editing and production tools (i.e. FrameMaker, MS Word, Arbor Text, etc.).
If you are interested in this Senior Level Technical Writer job in Taunton, MA, please apply via the “apply now” link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services—from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Location: Taunton , MA
Minimum Experience (yrs): 8
Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...)
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart