CDM Smith Senior Marketing and Proposal Specialist in Springfield, Massachusetts
* Flexible and remote work opportunities available *
CDM Smith is seeking a creative proposal professional to join our Marketing team. This role will manage municipal water & environmental proposal efforts in the South Group region, which include offices in Florida, Louisiana, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and Maryland. We are open to this position being based at any of our offices in the United States or working remotely. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong communication/facilitation, writing/editing, organizational, and time-management skills to join our team.
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Developing, writing, editing, and proofreading copy for proposals, presentations, resumes, project descriptions, and related marketing materials of a complex nature for our municipal water and environmental clients.
• Applying creativity/strategic insight while facilitating and participating in brainstorming, storyboarding, and other strategy development sessions.
• Utilizing a theme-based approach for the development of proposal and presentation efforts.
• Updating CDM Smith marketing materials, including resumes, project descriptions, and qualification packages.
• Ensuring that marketing and visual presentation information and files are maintained and up-to-date.
• Being actively involved in the CDM Smith marketing discipline group by participating on task forces and committees, as available.
Senior Marketing and Proposal Specialist
• Bachelor's degree.
• 6 years of related experience.
• Domestic and/or international travel is required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Writing, Communications, or a related degree.
• Proposal development experience in the Water and Environmental industry is strongly desired.
• Advanced skills in Adobe InDesign, MS Word, and PowerPoint, including use of styles and templates.
• Previous experience using MS Teams, SharePoint, Excel, Qlik, and/or Salesforce.
• Experience facilitating using MURAL is a plus.
• Ability to coordinate projects by communicating with remote team members.
• Experience in editing/proofreading narrative written by other professionals.
• Experience facilitating strategy/brainstorming sessions with both technical and non-technical members and the ability to bring groups to consensus.
• The ability to work under rigid time constraints where a narrow margin for errors or delays is allowed.
• Ability to organize and negotiate on project schedules and manage multiple deadlines and assignments.
• Excellent command of grammar, the AP Style Manual, and spelling.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Excellent command of grammar and spelling. Proficient in MS Office 365, Adobe Creative Suite, and SharePoint applications. Demonstrated knowledge of business development models. Ability to organize, negotiate, and drive proposal schedules. Ability to facilitate formal meetings.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.
- CDM Smith Jobs