Jewish Community Center Membership Services Director in Springfield, Massachusetts
Membership Recruitment & Retention
- Responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating, with the Marketing Department and task force when appropriate, an annual calendar of membership promotions and campaigns to recruit and retain members.
- Sets goals for annual membership campaign in conjunction with the General Manager and Executive Director
- Develop and provide sales tours of the JCC facilities, and train other staff to conduct tours
- Reviews lapse or terminated membership directing plan to contact former members and current members.
- Lead membership sales efforts of memberships through direct solicitation, cold calling and other methods necessary to increase the numbers of new members.
- Work with JCC department heads and JCC Marketing department in developing written materials needed to sell JCC programs and memberships, as well as to retain and cross-sell to existing members
- Ensure that program features and benefits support and enhance membership sales
- Review renewal schedules for all members and initiate and/or assign membership renewal efforts (calls, letters, etc.)
Budget & Scholarship
- Assist in the development of annual departmental budgets.Monitor budget compliance monthly.
- Work with General Manager to project membership statistics and fees.
- Set up extended payment plans with members.Interview and process financial scholarship for membership.
- Assess, define, and request the appropriate resources (JCC personnel, marketing staff, and other infrastructure staff) needed to achieve sales goals
Create & Maintain Meaningful Tracking & Reporting Systems
- Create consistent and reliable sales reports (including e.g. numbers and nature of leads, lead origins, conversion to sales, status, follow-up needed, etc.) that will help the JCC staff and lay leaders have an accurate, meaningful, and timely picture of JCC membership and trends.
- Present sales reports, including interpretations and recommendations, to JCC staff and lay leaders so they are helpful and active partners in sales and retention efforts.
Customer service/Admin/Problem Solving
- Participates in the development and operation of a customer service training program for the entire staff.
- To supervise and implement an efficient and member friendly registration procedure for all activities that take place at the JCC.
- Be available to members and work with other appropriate staff at the JCC to assure the quick resolution of any problems or concerns that the members may have.
- Notify accounting department of all membership cancellations, status changes and special circumstances.
- Serves as the contact person for request for JCC information by local agencies, organizations and other JCCs.
- Stays current with competitive marketplace, both locally and nationally.
- Stays current with internal programs and services.
- Facilitate a positive growth image of the JCC in the community.**
- Proposes policies, actions or promotions to maintain memberships.
- Conduct continual formal and informal research among members and non-members through focus groups and written evaluations, to determine consumer likes, dislikes, needs, problems, factors in participation, or non-participation, and factors in renewal or non-renewal of membership or services at the JCC.
- Responsible for providing newcomers with information about the Jewish community.
- Monitors benefits of membership in competitive facilities and incorporates findings in the JCCs marketing plan.
- Work with the Executive, Assist Exec and General Manager to define and insert specific sales and retention responsibilities in the job descriptions of every JCC staff
- Works cooperatively with other JCC departments in recommending and assisting in planning programs and special events to encourage and retain membership.
- Staff other programs as assigned.
Skills in the following areas are essential:
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Experience in sales (in-person and phone) including the presentation of features and benefits, and the ability to close the sale and/or to keep the lead "alive"
- Prior experience in goal and agenda setting for working with colleagues
- Experience with reporting of key sales and usage trends, as well as new sales opportunities for the Center based on what has been heard through effective listening
- Experience with budget and sales goal development and data analysis
- Ability to use existing technology and to explore new technology options for enhancing sales and retention efforts
- Creative and independent problem solving
- knowledge of Jewish values, culture and traditions is helpful.
Who We Are:
The Springfield Jewish Community Center enriches community and nurtures wellness through physical, intellectual, social, and spiritual programs and services. The JCC is guided by Jewish values, welcoming and respecting people of all abilities, ages, backgrounds, identities, and faiths.
The Springfield JCC is both a recreational and learning facility housed in an 80,000 sq ft building on a 20 acre campus. Located on the Longmeadow/Springfield line, the SJCC is a non-profit organization with over 4000 members, offering programs for all ages, including preschool, youth and teen programs, adult life programs, family activities, cultural programming a**nd is home to the JCC Health & Fitness Center. Everyone, including the general public, is welcome at the Springfield JCC.
Date Posted: 09/21/2018
Title: Membership Services Director
JCC: Springfield JCC
Location: Springfield, MA