Newell Brands Copywriter - Yankee Candle in South Deerfield, Massachusetts
Position Title: Copywriter
Location: South Deerfield
Reports to: Senior Copywriter
We have the perfect opportunity for an experienced Copywriter to bring their creativity to life! As a Copywriter for Yankee Candle, your attention to detail paired with your innovative ideas are the perfect match for this fast paced position.
The successful candidate will have exceptional written and oral communication skills, with the ability to translate creative briefs into messaging concepts, creating persuasive, on-brand sales activating advertising materials.
Key Responsibilities :
· Create product descriptions for all marketing themes as well as campaign strategy for all channels, including direct response print, Retail, Wholesale E-com and International.
· Collaborate with the design team to create advertising materials.
· Write product descriptions that leverage differentiation of features and benefits.
· Assist internal clients by reviewing creative briefs to ensure projects are well articulated.
· Proof read all copies for accuracy, brand tone, and manner.
· Research commerce, popular culture, and new advertising trends and techniques to aid in developing up to date and current messaging concepts.
· Bachelor’s Degree or 3-5 years Equivalent Experience.
· Must have exceptional written and oral communication skills, with the ability to work well in a team with an open-mind.
· Proven ability to work well under pressure with the ability to multi-task and produce high quality work.
· MAC experience, and complete working knowledge of Adobe's Creative Suite, (CS6), with special emphasis on InDesign and PhotoShop.
· Working knowledge of MS Office is required.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play . Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.