Cerilliant Corporation Director - Bavencio Marketing, US in Rockland, Massachusetts
Who we are:
EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D; focus areas.
The Director of BAVENCIO will be responsible for leading the BAVENCIO marketing strategy and tactical plan in GU cancers- Urothelial carcinoma and renal cell carcinoma.
The individual will drive future revenues of the brand through innovative brand strategies and tactics:
- Developing and executing marketing plans that are built on a foundation of patient insight
- Developing and executing strategic and tactical marketing plans
- Collaboration on reimbursement strategies and plans
- Collaboration on distribution strategies and plans
- Developing short and long-term forecasts
- Collaborative development of scorecards, KPIs and metrics in order to measure success.
The individual will possess diverse commercial experience with a deep understanding of marketing excellence. Personal attributes include strong leadership; including results-orientation and high level of collaboration.
The Director of BAVENCIO will report into the VP of US Oncology Marketing.
Leadership and collaboration
- Co-lead commercial cross functional team with a strong focus on building trust, empowerment leading to high performance.
- Ensure that all aspects of co-commercialization are executed with a high level of collaboration, transparency and shared responsibility.
- Manage, coach and develop direct and indirect reports.
- Effectively manage stakeholders across the alliance.
- Build strong relationships with external stakeholders, including opinion leaders and patient groups
Develop and execute strategic & tactical plans
- Co-lead US brand planning (with co-promote partner), including development of the strategic plan, tactical plan, forecast and operating expense budgets.
- Ensure launch readiness ahead of FDA action date.
- Develop and manage budget/resources required for an effective launch.
- Use market and brand insights to develop and guide strategy
- Ensure that US needs are incorporated into the global development program.
- Pursue leading-edge approaches to meet customer (patient and provider) needs. Evaluate and determine best multi-channel promotional mix for brand overall and for each indication.
- Drive Sales of marketed products while ensuring that all plans and tactics are in compliance with all laws, regulations and EMD Serono policies
- Monitor effectiveness of marketing initiatives and course-correct when necessary
Who you are:
- Undergraduate degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years pharmaceutical marketing experience
- At least 5 years oncology experience
- At least 3 years oncology marketing experience in the US
- Have launched at least one pharmaceutical or biotech product into the US marketplace, preferably in solid tumor oncology
- Previous field sales experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or other related industry is preferred.
- Previous sales and/or marketing experience with companion/complimentary diagnostics preferred
- Deep understanding and compliance with the OIG and FDA regulations governing pharmaceutical marketing and the PhRMA code
- Experience working with co-promotion or co-commercialization partners is a plus
- New product planning experience and/or portfolio planning experience is a plus
- Experience working in GU cancers is a plus
PERSONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Strategic ability to define a clear path in a complex environment, utilizing strong analytical skills to evaluate market insights and data to shape strategies, develop plans and adapt tactics.
- Results orientation with a proven track record of success for consistently meeting or exceeding sales/quantitative targets and qualitative objectives. Ability to access and influence various functional areas and motivate groups to actions
- Leadership skills to identify/nurture talent and establish a highly engaged and highly performing team that embodies the EMD Serono culture of innovation, customer urgency and passion to win.
- Business knowledge of the US commercial environment, marketing best practices/emerging approaches, oncology market access trends, the oncology clinical/scientific landscape and a working knowledge of oncology product development, regulatory and medical affairs. Ability to translate medical information into succinct and impactful marketing messages.
- Influence acumenvia strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to various functional audiences and levels of the organization to motivate/align action towards a shared vision while working across national and international boundaries encouraging teamwork that respects diverse backgrounds and cultures
- External orientation with a demonstrable ability to establish physician thought leader and other relevant stakeholder relationships.
- Normal and routine office duties
- Position requires travel up to 30% of time
Job Requisition ID: 176827
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time