J&J Family of Companies Director, Data Analytics & Business Planning - DePuy Synthes in Raynham, Massachusetts
Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Director, Data Analytics & Business Planning - DePuy Synthes to support our Medical Devices business. This position has primary locations in Raynham, MA, Somerville, NJ or West Chester, PA
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices contains key surgical platforms such as Wound Closure, Orthopedics, Open and Minimally Invasive Stapling, Energy, Biosurgery, Aesthetics, ENT, and Cardiovascular surgical products. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands. Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is currently $20 billion in World Wide sales. The business is expected to experience solid growth over the next 5 to 7 years.
The Director, Data Analytics & Business Planning - DePuy Synthes is responsible for supporting the data & analytics and business planning functions for the commercial business. This person will closely align with key DPS and Commercial Operations (Comm Ops) leadership team members to focus on reporting, analytical build out, and continued enhancement of the DPS planning process in support DPS targets/strategic initiatives. Individual will work closely with existing workstreams and the Comm Ops data strategies team to source data from R.A.D.A.R. (single data cloud environment) while driving increased standardization and efficiency gains through the QlikSense application. Additional focus will also be placed on shifting outputs from base performance measurement to those that include increased analytical insights to support business growth. A heavy focus will also be placed on standardization and alignment of key performance indicators (KPIs), strategic data management, and enhancement of the existing DPS analytical footprint in support of key DPS targets/strategic initiatives.
Additional Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
• Individual will provide strategic direction as it pertains to DPS Data & Analytics, systems development, and QlikSense application development and deployment to facilitate DPS goal attainment.
• Will work in continued collaboration with leaders from Commercial Business and DPS Leadership Team (e.g. Finance, Marketing, PMOs) to define requirements and provide timely analytics and insights in an aligned approach. Includes increased focus on standardization, driving consistent processes, and alignment of KPIs.
• Individual will lead build out of new reporting and analytics via QlikSense to support business growth targets. This will include new dashboards, metrics, and ad-hoc capabilities sourced from the new R.A.D.A.R. (central data cloud) environment.
• Will coordinate work associated with DPS D&A across Comm Ops leadership team to establish appropriate “analytics” governance model to support an aligned approach for DPS.
• Focus will include not only internal data, but also working on introduction of new data analytics and healthcare economics: Industry trends/Segmentation, Share, Strength of Position for DPS, Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs), Definitive Healthcare, TAM, and other areas.
• Individual will also work closely with peer D&A Leaders supporting Ethicon and CSS to leverage best practices while also continuing to align on future QlikSense application and external benchmarking.
• Will aid the Data Strategies team in ensuring data integrity and the validation of analytics and insights used to support business decisions.
• Will play a key role in driving continued efficiency gains per streamlining reporting output and leveraging new capability builds.
• Will lead the continued optimization of the DPS Business Planning model (Forecasting, S&OP) through the CRM (Optimizer interface) to increase efficiencies, data transparency, and analytical insights.
• Will continue to support and enhance support of DPS Strategic initiatives and the analytics and insights being provided (e.g. Accelerando, Turnover, ASC, NPI, etc).
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced degree highly preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant business experience required.
• Minimum of 3 years with organizational leadership experience required.
• Minimum of 3 years of business strategy and analytics required.
• Extensive experience in leading an organization, aligning with Sr. Leadership, and driving organization change required.
• Extensive knowledge of analytics and technology, with demonstrated expertise and knowledge in supporting business data / analytics needs.
• Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, to be accountable for individual & team results and drive change across functions.
• Demonstrated strong skills in oral and written communication.
• Ability to build relationships, collaborate and influence across a multifunctional matrix organization.
• Demonstrated experience in leading others to achieve organizational objectives including the ability to anticipate and adapt, own and/or work group tactics to support changing business needs.
• Demonstrated prioritization, organizational, analytical and skills as well as the ability to conceptualize very complex issues, processes, procedures or solutions.
• Significant experience in people management and in leading teams, including performance management, and resource and capacity planning/analysis.
• High Technical Skills that include QlikSense, Tableau, MS Office, and other data tool sets are required (previous experience utilizing these tools and/or strong propensity to learn demonstrated)
• Attention to detail with extensive experience in aggregating data and formulating analytical insights is required.
• This position has primary locations in Raynham, MA, Somerville, NJ or West Chester, PA, with up to 40% domestic travel required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
North America-United States-Ohio-West Chester, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc. (6032)