State Street Vice President - Market Data Vendor Management in Quincy, Massachusetts
- Develop and implement an effective, creative and functional market data strategy in line with business unit/corporate goals.
- Support the business and drive vendor strategy and contract negotiation process in alignment with the enterprise.
- Lead negotiations in complex, high impact or volatile situations involving high business risk, and achieve optimal price/performance and price/quality ratio to realize structural savings.
- Work with internal teams to ensure a streamlined sourcing process, minimizing time to market for new market data requests, and ensure contract and licensing obligations meet the business needs.
- Engage and work closely with business partners and senior management on strategic sourcing requirements cultivate 3rd party relationships, coordinating data and functionality requirements, projects, priorities, and timelines in addition to driving the commercial aspects of these vendor engagements.
- Collaborate with Business, Legal and Third Party Risk to obtain beneficial commercial and legal contract terms, mitigate business risk
- Proactively manage vendors through the contract lifecycle by monitoring their fulfillment of obligations and services and by performing benchmarking through scorecards, performance metrics and other means, including managing a tight contract renewal process for Index vendors.
- Maintain contracts and contract data in globally centralized contract management and expense databases, and ensure colleagues and business partners are informed of contractual obligations and trained appropriately so to comply with licensing terms and conditions.
- Participate in relevant industry groups, representing State Street, and track and communicate industry trends and market intelligence back to our stakeholders.
Serve as escalation contact for internal stakeholders and external providers, ability to communicate C-level as required
Minimum of 10+ years’ prior market data industry / index product licensing experience
- Extensive negotiations experience required.
- Experience with or from peer group company and / or Index or Market Data vendor is highly desired.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and proven ability to work independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to develop highly functioning business relationships at senior levels both within and outside the organization.
- Proven project management skills including the ability to drive projects to completion.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, responsive and be able to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing environment.
Technically proficient on standard business applications and able to learn new technologies as they relate to this role.
Posted 7 Days Ago
- Full time