Granite Telecommunications Technical Writer in Quincy, Massachusetts
_Granite Background & History_
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.35 billion in revenue with more than 1,800 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the “Healthiest Companies” in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
We have been rated a “Fastest Growing Companies” by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position
As an IT Technical Writer, you will work on writing and updating documents and procedures related to Granite’s EIS project. Document will be undergoing a review by our GSA team; following review Granite will meet with the GSA for feedback and suggested updates to the documents. You will assist in the behind the scenes work to support project administrators in completing these various documents. This person will be dealing with people across all areas of the IT technical landscape and will help drive our EIS documentation standardization. As a Project Coordinator, you are on the front line of high profile projects with an opportunity to work on some of Granite’s most critical projects!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with other IT groups to ensure procedures are up-to-date and accurate.
- Create and update trackers in Excel to show the progress of various documents.
- Work with various IT technicians to validate and update policies and procedures.
- Maintain project documentation and ensure posting to project's document repository.
- Monitor deliverables due from project team members and follow-up on action items.
- Review project procedures for compliance with procedures and standards.
Writes detailed policy and procedure documents based on discussions with process owners and identification / creation of process flows with an emphasis on accuracy and compliance with business needs.
Participate in enhancing project repository and developing procedures for use.
Help create training documentation to support the new policy documents.
- Working towards bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- Intermediate to strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Visio?
- Experience in coordinating individual phases of large-scale documentation projects.
- Excellent business writing skills.
- Attention to details.
- Document management / library catalogue experience.
- Experience working in IT projects.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Looking to learn the pragmatic aspects of project management and a desire to enhance their skills.
Location: Quincy, MA (HQ)
Job Code: 2591
# of Openings: 1