Granite Telecommunications Offer Management Writer in Quincy, Massachusetts
Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier Telecommunications Solutions Providers for businesses and government facilities across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support. Granite has over $1.5 Billion in revenue (zero debt) with 2,000 employees and is headquartered out of Quincy, MA. We have Regional offices located in West Palm Beach, Washington DC, New York City, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Orlando, Philadelphia and Rhode Island.
Our mission is to be the leading Telecommunications Company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $80 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation, and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
Granite was rated by Inc. Magazine as one of the “Fastest Growing Companies” for nine consecutive years in a row (2007-2015). Plus over the last four consecutive years (2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019) Granite has been awarded the Top Workplaces Award. With the astounded accomplishment of winning the EIS government bid in 2017, Granite is looking to pave a profound future for itself in not only the private sector, but also in the public sector.
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
The Granite Telecommunications Offer Management Writer role, will work within the Financial Department, directly supporting the Sales Operations and Client Service Department at Granite; while coordinating cross-functional responses to customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs) responses. The RFP Assistant Proposal Writer will be responsible for reading the proposal, identifying parties involved and establishing a general sense of what is required, help track and file RFP documents and updates, track statistical data of RFP outcomes, as well as coordinate cross-functional responses to these RFPs by assisting the Technical Writer, RFP Writer, and Proposals Manager as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in driving “Quarterbacking”, IE, ensuring the responsibilities of other teams involved in the RFP are keeping on track with timelines
- Catalog all RFP documents in folders, including updates to RFP documents provided by customers, saving the minutes, Q&A, and other important solution correspondence for posterity on the eDrive
- Becoming familiarized with various RFP portals. Responsibilities should include obtaining all documents, identifying timelines, and checking the portal for any updates that were not pushed through emails.
- Willingness and ability to learn all of Granite’s products, IE, Hosted PBX, SD-WAN, various types of access
- Reading the RFP in its entirety, and identifying what groups should be involved and a general sense of what the client is looking for.
- Assist in obtaining basic background information for use in proposals as needed
- Help maintain language in SE and Writer databases as needed
- Streamline and track statistics of wins (Units and products awarded) and categorize losses based on pricing, solution, or written proposal
- Maintain quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases
- Improve the proposal-writing processes by providing and implementing innovative ideas to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of RFP responses
- Work with sales, solutions engineering, legal and finance teams to understand customer needs and develop strategy for the proposal response
- Ability to work on multiple proposals simultaneously
- Express willingness to grow and take on some writing tasks with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products: Word, and Outlook
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, computer, customer service and organizational skills
- Ability to self-motivate, both for task completion and knowledge increase
- Excellent research skills and the ability to write persuasively and articulately
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills; strong coordination and planning skills
- Experience in drafting and/or contributing to proposals (RFPs, RFIs, etc.) responses
- Must be technologically savvy in order to navigate and organize electronic submissions and online bids
- Creativity and initiative. Ability to identify problems and/or inefficiencies and independently offer/implement practical solutions
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with proven ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, English or related discipline preferred
- Comfortability with Salesforce
Location: Quincy, MA (HQ)
Job Code: 3432
# of Openings: 1