State Street Market Data Vendor Management, Assistant Vice President in Quincy, Massachusetts
Global Procurement Services, Market Data Vendor Management, Assistant Vice President
- Support the business through the complete procurement process in alignment with the market data strategy and contract negotiation process.
- Negotiate in complex, high impact or volatile situations involving high business risk, and achieve optimal price/performance and price/quality ratio to realize structural savings.
- Help develop and implement an effective, creative and functional negotiation in line with corporate and department goals.
- Ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are followed and used consistently throughout the acquisition process to identify and mitigate 3rd party risk.
- Engage and work closely with business partners and senior management on sourcing opportunities, functionality requirements, projects, priorities, and timelines as well as the commercial obligations of their vendor agreements.
- Collaborate with Business and Legal to obtain beneficial commercial and legal terms, mitigate business risk and set priorities for contract execution.
- Proactively manage vendors through the contract lifecycle by monitoring their fulfillment of obligations and services and by performing benchmarking through scorecards, performance metrics and other means.
- Communicate, incorporate and execute senior management and department level vision, strategy, and business objectives.
- Maintain contracts and contract data in globally centralized contract management and expense databases, and ensure colleagues and business partners are trained appropriately on sourcing tools and the contract workflow.
- Track and communicate industry trends and market intelligence
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 6+ years’ experience in market data Strategic Sourcing and/or vendor management.
- Negotiations experience required.
- Experience with or from market data vendor is highly desired.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and proven ability to work independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to develop highly functioning business relationships at senior levels both within and outside the organization.
- Proven project management skills including the ability to drive projects to completion.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, responsive and be able to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing environment.
Technically proficient on standard business applications and able to learn new technologies as they relate to this role.
Posted 7 Days Ago
- Full time