Granite Telecommunications Government Proposal Supervisor in Quincy, Massachusetts
_Granite Background & History_
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.35 billion in revenue with more than 1,800 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the “Healthiest Companies” in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
We have been rated a “Fastest Growing Companies” by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
The Granite Government Team is a dynamic group engaged in a wide variety of projects. The Government Proposal Supervisor position is an integral part of the team where practicality, communication, and collegiality are necessary components.
The Government Proposal Supervisor will assist in the capture of government contracts at the Federal, state, and local levels by gathering and formatting information, writing and editing proposals, and obtaining appropriate approvals. In addition, the Supervisor will provide coordination, training and leadership to the Government Proposal Specialists. The position requires a team player with good written and verbal communication and relationship building skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train proposal teams, assign proposal responsibilities and monitor daily activities.
- Work with sales, solutions engineering, legal and finance teams to understand proposals requirements, write to and develop strategy for the proposal response.
- Conduct kickoff and checkpoint meetings.
- Ownership of the proposal timeline from beginning to end.
- Meet all proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Work effectively with internal subject matter experts to develop consistent, compelling responses to satisfy proposal requirements.
- Review functional, technical and company information received from internal subject matter experts and ensure responses are technically and functionally compliant.
- Coordinate final production, delivery of completed proposal response and post-submission actions.
- Ability to work on multiple proposals simultaneously.
- Maintain quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ Years of direct experience writing, reviewing, and managing proposal development.
- Excellent research skills and the ability to write persuasively and articulately.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong coordination and planning skills.
- Experience in drafting and/or contributing to proposals (RFPs, RFIs, RFQs etc.) responses.
- Must be technologically savvy in order to navigate and organize electronic submissions and online bids.
- Creativity and initiative. Ability to identify problems and/or inefficiencies and independently offer/implement practical solutions.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload, and meet deadlines.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with proven ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Must be able to thrive in a high pressure, fast paced work environment with strict deadlines.
- Excellent internal and external negotiation skills. Must interface effectively with internal management, and customer representatives including contracting officers and specialists.
- Computer skills, including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, MS Office, MS Word and Project).
- US Citizenship Required.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English or related discipline preferred.
- 2+ years managing people/teams.
- Prior representation of telecommunication clients or employment within the telecommunications industry.
- Prior experience with government contracting requirements, including Federal acquisition vehicles and statewide contracts.
- Working knowledge of government contracting concepts, including Federal Acquisition Regulations, federal supply schedules, multiple award schedules, firm fixed price contracts, and IDIQ contracts.
- Professional certifications such as from APMP or independent bodies like Shipley Associates.
- Active security clearance or ability to get an active security clearance.
Location: Quincy, MA (HQ)
Job Code: 2483
# of Openings: 1