State Street Communications Internship, Summer 2019 in Quincy, Massachusetts
State Street is one of the world’s largest and most important financial institutions, providing around-the-clock services to the global investment community. We touch $33 trillion in assets every day and are the world’s third largest investment manager with over $2.8 trillion in assets under management.
In Global Technology Services we’ve launched an exciting program to fundamentally re-architect our technology environment and services from the ground up. Our transformation will include use of multiple public clouds, building our own private cloud to achieve even better performance, implementing microservices with elastic workload management, leveraging immutable storage to process and store terabytes of data, application of distributed ledger technology and cognitive computing, enhancing the client experience and actively participating in open source communities driving our systems.
This isn’t your traditionalinternship and prior experience in financial services is not required. This is a chance to push your technical and creative problem-solving skills with people excited by data and innovation in a collaborative environment. At State Street, we’re combining the power and scale of a large global organization with unmatched technology innovation.
As a State Street intern, you will beinvolved indefining and solvingstrategic problems following Agile software development methodology and design thinking.You will be paired with experienced mentors, participate in job shadowing in an area of your choice, and be part of a multi-disciplinary team of interns focusedon software design, front-end development and back-enddevelopment. Apply today!
- Located or willing to relocate to Quincy, MA for summer internship
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Portfolioof writing samples
- Experienceplanning,creating andpromotingblogs or articles
- Experiencewithphotography and video production
- Experience with event planning and promotion desirable
- Interest in learning new technology, tools, and processes
- Interest in collaborating across geographically distributed teams
- Ability to embracechange and uncertainty
- Active student ina marketing, communication, journalism, English or digital mediaprogram (compelling workor volunteerexperience and contributions can be substituted)
Learn More About Us
- State Street Twitter
- Press Release:State Street Technology Appointments Move Digital Innovation from Prototype to Practice
Press Release: New York City Mayor and State Street Global Advisors Announce New Location for Fearless Girl
Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time