Arrow Electronics Business Development Manager - Power Solutions in Peabody, Massachusetts
Business Development Manager - Power Solutions
Arrow Electronics, Inc. – a Fortune 150 company with global headquarters in Denver - helps the world’s best technology companies think “Five Years Out,” working together to continually innovate the “next big thing”.
As a Business Development Manager - Power Solutions, you will be working with new and emerging customers across a variety of industries. You will support customer needs and provide technical leadership to champion Arrow initiatives and promote customer success through our Arrow partnerships.
· Responsible for the assessment of existing and potential customers, defining product needs, and sales execution. Continuous relationship development between the business area, regional teams and the manufacturers to ensure a trust and support of business objectives.
· Budget responsibility for all assigned business development areas.
· Defines and tracks performance for the manufacturers products and services.
· Coordinates opportunity development of both Net New as well as Existing Customers.
· Relationship management with the manufacturer’s regional staff in all Vertical markets.
· Strong knowledge of industry trends within Power, Thermal, Lighting, Motors, and Batteries products; able to articulate the associated solutions for key Power OEM customers.
· Work with Power Value Add Development center resources to grow and expand existing customer base.
· Working independently in various design and development capacities, including be not limited to the following; aid in specification & architecture definition, scheduling, detailed design and verification.
· Understanding business needs and processes; helps identify solutions, present and guide project team/sponsors in identifying the best solution.
· Participating in requirements analysis; design applications based on system requirements and architecture, prototype if necessary.
· Contributing to the enhancement of the Project Development process and standards, along with the associated tools that support those processes.
· Providing production support that includes evaluate defects, investigate cause and devise solutions to address defects
- Strategic and tactical development with field and sales management - assist on pricing of opportunity and design solution.
· Manage supplier and customer expectations by building and developing relationships, keeping stakeholders up-to-date on activities, plans, and progressing towards initiatives. Identify key relationships amongst decision makers within suppliers and customers.
· Host pre-scheduled meetings with customers/entrepreneurs to discuss technical design and identify areas Arrow can solve
· Participate in daily huddles and regular tech storms with team to discuss entrepreneur technology requirements
· Cross parts with Arrow franchised supplier line cards and focus on getting Arrow parts onto customer bill of materials
· Attend Supplier Trainings where appropriate and maintain registrations on Arrow DW Eligible Parts
Communication, Relationships and Reporting
· Leverages internal matrix relationships across region to direct the implementation and execution of strategy.
· Build and maintain strong relationships within assigned vendor(s)
· Working with Arrow Account Managers, to identify the key reseller partners with good potential to develop sales of the vendor’s products and services.
· Working with assigned partners to ensure they have all the tools necessary to realize their Power sales potential, namely:
· Execute successful business and enablement plans with channel partners
· Build and maintain strong relationships within assigned channel customer base
· Initiating marketing campaigns for Market ready Power solutions through partners to build a solid pipeline of opportunities.
· Enable partners by providing regular sales training either face to face or via webinar and facilitating the delivery of technical training
· Regular and accurate forecasting of opportunities, providing detail for both short and long-term pipeline
TECHNICAL SPECIALITY: Power Solution Specialist
5–7 years of related experience with a 4-year Engineering degree; or 3 years and an advanced degree;
5+ years of demonstrated solutions sales experience including new business acquisition, opportunity qualification, development and closing, account planning and alignment, customer and partner relationship management, margin management support, and sales effectiveness fundamentals.
Experience in detailed design of Power systems, AC/DC applications, DC to DC applications, Power Mechanical applications, Power System Applications, Configurable Power, Control System using, but not limited to the following;
Timing, Power and Thermal analysis techniques and processes
Ability to learn new technologies to build and grow skills across Power and OEM equipment.
Experience with use of electronics laboratory equipment and measurement techniques
Ability to troubleshoot and debug electronic systems, circuits, and devices
Proficiency with MS Office tools or equivalent
Experience in some development of Firmware
Travel and Location
This role will be US based and responsible for US based Partner Business Development. Up to 50% travel required.
Ability to motivate sales personnel and management within respective territory to increase their focus on power supplies.
We are seeking Business Development Managers for the following markets including, but not limited to-
Candidates residing in other locations may be considered but will be expected to eventually relocate to the market hub. Relocation assistance is not offered for these positions.
Boston - Peabody
Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 119 company with more than 18,700 employees in over 90 countries, and 2016 sales of $23.8 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.