Aegon Asset Management Lead Product Manager-Retirement in Norwood, Massachusetts
Job FamilyProduct and Propositioning Marketing
Job Description SummaryDrives long-term strategy by researching and designing products for retirement markets, from inception to launch. Manages existing product portfolios to ensure profitable sales.Job Description
· Lead the analysis of market trends and competitive landscape to discern product opportunities and translate market conditions into valid value positions.
· Research and guide potential market opportunities; build the business case for product innovations by gathering distribution and consumer feedback, reviewing industry sales trends, and understanding demographic shifts/consumer preferences.
· Lead team efforts to define product features, competitiveness, profitability, sales goals and launch date. Drive collaboration across all functional areas as needed.
· Conduct feasibility studies, research and development (R&D), and participate in labs to evaluate ideas. Drive collaboration with sales and margin analytics team and other business groups to conduct hypothesis testing and opportunity sizing; develop capabilities-based assessments (CBA) and execution approach.
· Partner with distributors, Marketing, Finance, IT and other key stakeholders to recommend product features, competitiveness, profitability, sales goals and launch dates.
· Negotiate needs and bring consensus/closure to issues and facilitate decisions on new business portfolio issues.
· Ensure customer centric product ideas are efficiently sourced and prioritized. Work with margin analytics, marketing, sales and operations teams to build a strong pipeline for future product enhancements.
· Collaborate with distribution partners, including retail, wholesale, TPA’s and outside vendor organizations as needed.
· Develop and deliver presentations to communicate research outcomes; provide R&D results to senior management and peers to highlight strategic recommendations for new products and enhancements.
· Provide mentorship to peers regarding the product process, product development and product ideation.
· Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience.
· Six years of product development experience in the retirement industry.
· In-depth knowledge of retirement product features and riders.
· In-depth knowledge of retirement sales and marketing techniques.
· Understanding of profitability metrics.
· Analytical skills and attention to detail to perform market analysis, customer research, opportunity sizing, profitability assessments, and risk/legal/compliance assessments.
· Communication and interpersonal skills to educate audience and advocate recommendations with team members and stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
· Decision making skills to create scope and content for consumer market research and use insights to develop product design and features.
· Strategic thinker and facilitation skills.
· Leadership and coaching skills to mentor peers and guide team members.
· Presentation skills to provide research data and recommendations to senior leadership.
· Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
· Willingness to pursue and complete higher education/professional designations.
· Professional designations (e.g., CFA, CLU, ChFC, CFP, MBA, PMP)
*Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. *
The Salary for this position generally ranges between $95,000 - $107,100 annually. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law. The range may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule 4.1.2.
This position is also typically eligible for an Annual Bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at Company Discretion.
· Office environment.
· Occasional travel.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally - and feel valued for the work you do.
Learn more about our Total Rewards Package (https://www.transamerica.com/individual/about-us/careers/benefits/) .
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
Our Company is committed to providing accessibility to those with disabilities in a manner that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity, that is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 ("AODA"). Please contact email@example.com if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Transamerica, hard work, innovative thinking and personal accountability are qualities that we honor and reward. We understand the potential that is unleashed by leveraging the talents of a diverse workforce. We embrace an environment where employees enjoy a balance between their careers, families, communities and personal interests. Ultimately, we appreciate the uniqueness of a company where talented professionals work collaboratively in a positive environment focused on helping customers secure their long-term financial futures.
Transamerica is a part of AEGON, an international life insurance, pension, and asset management company. The AEGON companies employ approximately 28,000 people and have a strong presence in more than 20 countries across the globe. For more information, visit www.transamerica.com.