Amazon Web Services Technical Product Manager in North Reading, Massachusetts
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling, and fun.
The Solutions Integration team is responsible for ensuring the successful launch of Amazon Robotic Fulfillment Centers worldwide. The team manages the design-to-implementation process of AR system solutions, and this role will coordinate product delivery by working with multiple internal and external teams including regional business teams, capital finance, hardware, software, deployment engineering, supply chain, and operations.
We’re searching for an innovative and motivated Product Manager – Technical (PM-T) who will manage the multi-team development and operational delivery of a large portfolio of technical projects by understanding business requirements, managing changes, removing roadblocks, and communicating broadly with multiple functional groups and stakeholders. In this position you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and build consensus by understanding stakeholder requirements and constraints. You will be expected to clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to cross-functional teams. You will help identify, prioritize, and advocate for the largest opportunities, as well as create and manage new efficiency opportunities from ideation to launch.
A successful candidate will have a passion for creating high-performance physical systems, a strong technical problem solving ability, business acumen, excellent project management skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with and influence decision-makers at all levels in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment. Amazon Robotics culture encourages innovation and expects engineers and managers alike to take a high level of ownership in solving complex problems.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field
· 3+ years of experience leading technical projects or product launches in a related industry
· Experience identifying business opportunities, delivering product launches, and influencing a multi-year roadmap
· Demonstrates influence on product development specifications, schedules, and prioritization as well as operational execution as a result of thorough technical knowledge and the pragmatism of getting things done. Able to determine viability of new initiatives and understands cross-functional constraints and requirements.
· Demonstrates consensus building through influence
· Strong data analytical skills and proven experience developing and using data visualization tools (such as Tableau) to help drive decisions
· Ability to clearly communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels through written papers, organizational communications, and business cases
· Masters degree (MBA)
· Experience in business consulting, operations/supply chain analysis, or process improvement (e.g. Lean manufacturing) desirable
· Demonstrated skills leading and influencing global business partners
· Applies expert business knowledge and strong technical insight to address customer challenges. Able to anticipate and develop business priorities for future action. Able to assess broader and deeper impact of decisions on the business.
· Mastery of fundamentals of Industrial Engineering, including probability and statistics, SPC, time studies, business case analysis, ergonomic/safety/human factors analysis.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Share this job
CompanyAmazon Robotics LLC
Position CategoryProject/Program/Product Management--Technical
Company/Location (search) : Country (Full Name)United States