Amazon Sr. Product Manager, Amazon Robotics Product Launch in North Reading, Massachusetts
Are you a product manager that is customer facing and loves working with customers? Do you like operations and real world applications of robotics? Are you inspired by invention? Are you passionate about your customers? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics (AR). We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet.
We are actively seeking a talented and motivated Senior Product Launch Manager (PLM) who will lead the delivery of strategic new product initiatives to the field. As a customer facing Product Manager, the PLM will lead the launch of innovative products and solutions aimed at improving the efficiency and lowering the cost of Amazon’s next-generation Fulfillment, Sortation, and Delivery Centers. This individual is responsible for validating the new products prior to a large-scale rollout, generating field insights and identifying new requirements relevant to scaling. The incumbent will own the coordination, communication, risk management and serve as a liaison between the Operations, Program Management, Product Development, Software/Hardware Engineering and Systems Architecture. This individual will require the ability to build relationships with customers and capture and synthesize the voice of the customer (VoC).
If you are an experienced, hands-on, Technical or Product Manager with strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to influence business and technical leaders in a dynamic environment, we want to talk with you. Joining our team provides the unique experience and opportunity to build unique systems that benefit millions of customers and assist sellers spanning the globe. The ideal candidate will draw upon relevant operations experience, exemplary product/program management, critical thinking, problem solving skills, and a passion for creating reliable and maintainable systems. This individual should be open to new opportunities, proven abilities at multi-tasking, detail oriented, creative, self-directed and a great team player. The candidate should drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with cross-functional operational and development teams to solve problems and implement new solutions.
Key job responsibilities
• Build, maintain, and communicate product launch plans. Track the deliverables, milestones, bottlenecks, risks and dependencies from the cross-functional launch team.
• Establish and develop relationships with Warehouse Operations early in the launch process and utilize these relationships to develop strategic partnerships throughout launch.
• As the onsite Product Manager, identify missed, incomplete, or latent customer requirements, and drive these requirements until they are either fixed, dispositioned, or incorporated into the product.
• Capture and synthesize the Voice of the Customer (VoC) and leverage this information to prioritize system defects and lead the triage efforts with product development.
• Influence the solution/system test plan, creating realistic, effective, and efficient data validation plans.
• Leverage product and operations knowledge to influence the Product Requirements and Functional Requirements early in the development process.
• Hold regular Launch Readiness Meetings with program stakeholders, executive management, and coordinate stakeholder support for these meetings.
• Assist the training manager in organizing, delivering and improving the relevant product training materials.
• Organize cross functional launch retrospectives to incorporate lessons learned into future launch plans.
• Up to 35% travel is expected.
A day in the life
Amazon offers a full range of benefits for you and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. The benefits that generally apply to regular, full-time employees include:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
Maternity and Parental Leave Options
Paid Time Off (PTO)
If you are not sure every qualification on the list above describes you exactly, we'd still love to hear from you! At Amazon, we value people with unique backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets. If you’re passionate about this role and want to make an impact on a global scale, please apply!
About the team
The Product Launch team is responsible for introducing new AR products and services to our Operations Partners in the field. We work with these partners to ensure that they and their sites are ready, and simultaneously we work with our Program, Development, and Support teams to ensure that the products and services are ready for Operations.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
North Reading, MA, USA
Bachelor's degree in a technical field
5+ years of technical product or program management experience
2+ years of end to end product delivery experience
Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
Experience developing and launching V1 products
Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
Experience bridging technical and business teams to collect and refine requirements, prioritize incoming work requests, and ensure all committed work is delivered on time
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Amazon Jobs