State Street Derivative Product Manager in North Quincy, Massachusetts
In January 2018, we launched one of the industry’s largest technical transformation projects, in effect building a new bank from the ground up. We’re using the same technologies that Silicon Valley giants are using: aggressive use of multiple public clouds, building our own private cloud to achieve even better performance, pushing out microservices into what will be one of the largest Kubernetes installations in the world, leveraging immutable storage to process and store hundreds of terabytes of data a day, transforming our industry through application of distributed ledger technology and cognitive computing, aggressively participating in open source communities driving our systems.
This isn’t a traditional banking role. This is a chance to push your technical skills with people more comfortable in a technology firm than an investment bank, but solving real problems that affect anyone with any form of savings worldwide . We don’t expect you to wear a suit, we don’t expect you to not be able to tell your friends what you’re working on, we don’t expect you to sit in meetings 5 hours a day.
The Derivatives Technical Product Manager contributes to the derivative offering strategy, design and development for cross-organizational strategic initiatives. The role provides leadership in the derivatives, collateral and bank loan data and service definition, alignment and execution of a technology strategy in collaboration with internal business, industry and clients to support integrated solutions.
Technical Product Management provides leadership in the definition, alignment, and execution of a technology strategy in collaboration with the internal business, industry and non-industry partners, and clients to support integrated solutions and the end-state technology architecture and strategy. The mission will be achieved through investment optimization and rationalization in support of the strategy that differentiates our offering from competitors through delivery of a best in class end-to-end experience measured by high adoption rates and healthy returns on our investments
The Derivatives Technical Product Manager is a strategic role, contributing in a meaningful way to the future of State Street. Collaborating with the Technical Product Lead and the rest of the Derivatives Technical Product team, the role will help define and execute on our derivatives strategy. This provides the Technical Product Manager an opportunity to significantly impact our client’s derivatives needs and internal user’s derivative services offering across our derivative platforms. The role often requires direct and effective communication with State Street executives, business leaders, technology teams, customers as well as in industry derivative forums.
- Contribute to the derivative offering strategy, design and development for cross-organizational strategic initiatives.
- Plan, structure, and execute diverse projects with engagement of clients, business stakeholders, and cross-functional teams.
- Participate in development of strategy and gain buy in to that strategy with business and technology counterparts.
- Definition of derivatives data necessary to develop internal canonical data model
- Definition of business capabilities to drive requirements for development of micro services
- Participation in the definition of new testing methodology within a universal data architecture and micro services framework. Participation in the transition approach from current technology architecture and new technology architecture as it relates to derivatives.
- Align and collaborate with product demand management, governance, risk and compliance, and marketing initiatives.
- Participation in development of business cases that drive the derivatives strategy
- Participation in monitoring and understanding global derivatives regulations and market initiatives including clearly understanding and articulating impacts to State Street products and services as well as client impacts.
- Deliver similar capabilities across business lines, regions and user types via reusable micro services and data definitions
Key Candidate Qualifications
- Ability to strategize on the development of enterprise driven, value enhancing digital strategies to drive increased business effectiveness, improve technology utilization, and enhance positioning to address business and user needs
- Understanding of the life-cycle of data from acquisition through to distribution and all the steps in between including validation, storage, distribution, and data stewardship and governance
- Knowledge of data modeling and data infrastructure preferred
- Must be a skilled communicator up, across, down and outside of the organization as needed
- Capable of identifying impediments across work streams and work collaboratively with other functional areas to resolve
- Financial Services experience required
- Demonstrated prior experience and in depth knowledge of derivative instruments (Listed and OTC), derivative operational processes and derivative related industry & regulatory initiatives
- Ability to perform and interpret industry research
- Ability to interpret jurisdictional regulations and oversight body guidance and identify client and service impacts
- Experience developing roadmaps, including costs, timelines, and dependencies, to articulate enterprise vision and strategy
- High ownership, self-sufficiency in driving data and platform definition.
- Experience developing business cases
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Minimum 5 - 8 years related experience
- Bachelors' Degree or equivalent required
- Proficiency in excel is required. Proficiency in Visio is preferred.
State Street appreciates the value diversity (in all its forms) brings to our firm.
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time