International Data Group Product Sales Specialist, Data Products in Needham, Massachusetts
Come join IDC, the most respected global technology market research firm. We are changing the way the world thinks about the impact of technology on business and society. Our people, data, and analytics create global technology insights that accelerate customer success.
IDC was recognized by the Industry Institute of Analyst Relations (IIAR) as the 2020 Analyst Firm of the Year for delivering critical, timely insights in coordinated efforts around the world, during a time when our customers faced unprecedented challenges.
IDC's Enterprise Sales Team is looking for a Product Sales Specialist to focus on business development and new sales of our Customer & Partner Intelligence product portfolio which includes the Wallet, Services Contracts Database, and new Channel Partner Ecosystem Database.
The Product Sales Specialist role requires a high degree of sales acumen, collaboration, technical expertise, and is focused on driving new, incremental, sales opportunities.
This position is located in IDC's Needham, MA location. (Currently remote due to COVID-19).
• Primary “go to” sales overlay for IDC’s Customer & Partner Intelligence product portfolio which includes the Wallet, Services Contracts Database, and new Channel Partner Ecosystem Database
• Understanding product portfolios relation to, and support of, go-to-market execution of sales, marketing, strategy and partner business leaders
• Prospect for incremental sales opportunities across IDC’s account base, create and follow up on proposals, respond to client requests for information, coordinate sales activities with Global Account Managers, and work with the product team to continue enhancing the client value proposition
• Work in concert with US sales team to identify, pursue, and close incremental sales opportunities
• Support sales activities, and collaboratively lead the sales process, for all US based accounts – Enterprise, Industry, Sector
• Act as primary feedback mechanism to product team concerning requests for special packaging, future product enhancements, marketing requirements, and contract negotiation
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• 5+ years of direct sales experience, along with strong written, analytical, verbal communication, time management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated success working independently to sell complex goods and services to technology vendors
• Prior market research industry, or technical, sales experience is a plus
• Ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, motivated, assertive, collaborative, and a self-starter
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
• Up to 30% travel
About IDC: International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.
External Company Name: International Data Group, Inc.
External Company URL: http://www.idg.com
Street: 140 Kendrick St