Hearst Television News Writer in Needham, Massachusetts
WCVB has an opening for a highly skilled, ambitious, hardworking part-time News Writer to work in our newsroom.The qualified candidate will assist producers in all aspects of producing a newscast. This will include writing stories, creating graphics, researching information and screening and selecting video. News Writers also assist in making phone calls to gather information about stories. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational, writing skills. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to get his or her foot in the door and get started in a career in journalism.
- Write copy for daily newscasts and work with editors to prepare video.
- Assist producers and reporters with research.
- Communicate effectively with assignment editors, producers, reporters, photographers, editors, production staff and news managers
- Researching and writing stories for television.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to remain calm under pressure.
Ability to work on deadlines.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Knowledge of ENPS is a plus
Familiarity with social media.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with an emphasis in communications or journalism or equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) preferred.