Waters Vice President, Product Management in Milford, Massachusetts
We are committed to improving human health and well-being as trusted partners to our customers by pursuing innovation-centric product strategies and roadmaps that will advance science. The product management team delivers value by bringing fresh solutions to market while ensuring the features and functionality of the portfolio meet customer needs and drive profitable growth in revenue and market share for Waters.
Reporting to the SVP of Global Products, the VP, Product Management owns product strategy and drives the strategic prioritization of projects across the full Waters product portfolio, informed by market insights and market segment and customer needs to deliver growth and disrupt the market place with industry leading new product introductions. This function will have ownership of product strategy, product marketing, product roadmaps and commercialization activities in partnership with segment and field marketing.
The VP of Product Management will work across Waters’ Global Products and Global Markets strategic business units to embed the Voice of Customer within product development and across the company. This role will interface across the enterprise and have regular Executive Committee to provide both customer insights and product strategy.
The VP will have responsibility to lead an overall team of 40+ employees, with a direct staff of senior level people leaders of product management and product marketing team.
• Provide the vision and strategic direction for the Waters product portfolio, driving the development of new systems and software on global market requirements, market segment needs and customer needs in partnership with engineering leadership.
• Leads the creation of the enterprise product roadmap initiatives, rationalization, backlog prioritization map to strategic value for the customer.
• Define and track key metrics indicating stage of product lifecycle and performance as a value added technology.
• Leads Product Development Strategy from business case through delivery including pricing and sales enablement.
• Implements fully integrated cradle to grave product life cycle and renewal and sunsetting plans encompassing product segmentation, positioning, development strategy and production strategy done in collaboration with sales enablement.
• Collaborate with external and internal stakeholders to gain input on product requirements and customer requirements and product strategy.
• Develop customer insights and personas to drive content strategy, value propositions and product road map.
• Communicate Product Strategy and Plan broadly across the organization managing expectations of the R&D, Marketing, Sales and Service teams.
• Drive teamwork and collaboration with market segment leaders and scientific operations on requests for new products to ensure the products/solutions meet the customer workflow requirements.
• Track competitive marketplace and industry trends with the goal of developing a product roadmap that keeps the company’s products positioned at the forefront of the industry.
• Work closely with corporate development office, field marketing, commercial leaders and market segment leaders on external business development. Identify and evaluate targets for purposeful M&A
• Develop and mentor talent, ensure succession depth, build a culture of accountability, and create an organization that delivers both compelling product vision and deliverables that extend our market leadership.
• Minimum of a bachelors degree. Masters or advanced degree preferred
• 20+ years of experience leading product management and/or marketing teams in the life sciences and technology domain
• Proven track record of creating and executing product strategies
• Ability to effectively influence at the executive level and within peer group
• Strong leadership skills required and lead teams for 10 Plus years
• Executive presence
• Strong analytical capabilities
• Deep understanding of Analytical Instrument Industry’s’ products and markets
• Strategic mindset with strong execution focus
• Strong Communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective collaboration & networking skills
• People developer
• Manage in a matrix.
• Change management advocate
• Effective collaboration & networking skills
Reporting to leader Product managers and Product marketing
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. Celebrating diversity is important to us. We thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.
Product Management, Product Lifecycle, Kaizen, Kanban, Product Commercialization, Product Launch, Product Vitality
Company Name: Waters Division
External Company URL: www.waters.com
Street: 34 Maple Street