Marriott SAE International / Tour & Travel handling China and South East Asia-Remote Northeast in Massachusetts
Job Number 19093313
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Massachusetts, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Experience in Mandarin preferred, Remote based in Northeast.
Provides account management support for domestic and international tour operator accounts that buy locally within the market. Partners with the Global Sales Organization (GSO) team to verify the pull through of "segment" strategies and tools in the market, as appropriate. Develops strategic relationships with key segment buyers with the purpose of penetrating and growing local market share and driving revenue to hotels within the organization.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management.
• Lodging sales experience.
• Account management experience.
• International Meeting Incentives Conventions and Expositions (MICE)Tour & Travel Group Experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Account Sales Activities
• Retains, expands and grows account revenue through Total Account Management, margin management and implementation of sales and marketing initiatives in the key buying locations.
• Partners with the GSO team to verify the pull through of segment strategies and tools in the market.
• Leverages appropriate corporate (e.g., Global Account Executives, Sales & Marketing Partner Support, eCommerce, Marketing) and market resources (e.g., sales office, property leadership) to establish pull-through and sustainment of account strategies and selling solutions at the local property level.
• Achieves local account revenue and sales goals as defined by US Account leadership. Develops and achieves operating budgets and manages controllable expenses.
• Leverages methodologies, technical and business knowledge across the market.
• Anticipates and identifies business opportunities and challenges and responds with a profitable strategy that aligns with overall business direction.
• Increases local penetration of high potential accounts to optimize demand across all brands and satisfy important property needs.
• Leverages all available sales channels (e.g., industry trade shows/events, GSO, Area Sales, etc.) to optimize sales revenues.
• Attends appropriate trade show/customer events.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Managing Group Sales Activities
• Implements the overall account strategy at local properties within the market.
• Focuses on opportunities from tour operators providing and motor coach and/or adhoc group international business, including Meetings Incentives Conferences Exhibitions (MICE) and Corporate inbound business.
• Works with revenue management to set sales strategy, run promotions, set rates, and adjust based on market conditions.
• Works closely with each property to establish tour series processes and procedures with operations staff (e.g. Front Desk, Reservations, Accounting) to assure successful execution of tour groups.
• Engages with international Global Sales Organization (GSO) offices, General Sales Agents (GSA)s and Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVBs) in both destination and country of origin, as appropriate for country-specific deployment.
• Identifies new group opportunities with new accounts by attending industry trade shows and events.
• Partners with other Senior Account Executive (SAE), International Tour & Travel to pull through business within launch market and sustain selling solutions at the property level.
• Understands competitive market set and economic environment to position hotels appropriately during sales process.
• Price Tour & Travel Series in conjunction with revenue management.
• Proactively solicits new Tour Series, Adhoc Groups and MICE opportunities in deployed countries and states.
• Collaborate with revenue management to assure optimal pricing of adhoc groups.
• Partner and mentor Segment Specialist in the Group Sales Office to assure increases closure.
• Source business outside of deployed regions when appropriate and secure outbound booking fees on all qualified definite opportunities
Building Successful Relationships
• Serves as account’s “local service guarantee” by verifying that outstanding service delivery is maintained at every customer touch point, issues are resolved timely and to the customers’ 100% satisfaction.
• Creates strong partnerships between field and corporate by maintaining a productive dialogue and exchange of ideas.
• Acts as the customer advocate through understanding the account needs and opportunities.
• Identifies emerging business opportunities and risks in the market to determine strategic Sales and Marketing implications and provides feedback to key stakeholders (e.g., Enterprise Sales Team, Sales Office etc.); partners with key stakeholders in account planning and determining strategy execution approaches for the market.
• Manages relationships with the key buyers that drive business to the market to optimize account reach and share for the wholesale segment.
• Develops working relationships with Property staff and provides coaching on specific booking needs of the wholesale segment.
• Develops and manages relationships with key buyers that drive business to the local market, optimize share and grow the leisure segment.
• Maintains relationships with key travel programs already established at the enterprise-level for the leisure segment.
• Develops a close working relationship with operations to execute strategies at the property level.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Marriott Jobs