Cardinal Health Presource Director of Marketing (Portfolio and Channel) - Remote in Massachusetts
Cardinal Health™ Presource Products and Services is the provider of low cost, high-quality kitting solutions to help improve cost effectiveness and ability to serve patients. Our kits contain the core components needed for common surgeries and other procedures providing savings and efficiencies when compared to purchasing, managing, and picking items separately. The result is a more efficient supply chain with increased staff satisfaction and safety, and more time for patient care.
The Presource Global Director of Marketing (Portfolio and Channel) is responsible for the overall product portfolio strategy and product lifecycle management from new product development and component setup to discontinuation. Responsibilities will also include ownership of channel strategy and execution within existing served channels and evaluating new channel for expansion. The Director of Marketing and their team will be experts in custom and standard kitting, the various surgical and medical procedures in which kits could be utilized and the channels in which we serve today or could serve in the future.
What Product or Services Marketing contributes to Cardinal Health
Product or Services Marketing is responsible for defining the product/service and market strategy and life cycle management including customer need identification, market research, product or service offering, pricing, positioning, promotion, and branding.
- Exhibits an ability to translate market and customer needs into clearly defined goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics to drive sales & profitability for the business. Accountable for gaining and driving cross functional support from all stakeholders.
- Identifiesand remains current on market trends. Determines product/service lifecycle implications and makes recommendations to maintain market competitiveness and to achieve sustainable economic success.
- Understands methods available to execute primary research (VOC) that are necessary to drive portfolio/ product decisions. Can identify market opportunities through VOC/secondary research and acts by implementing and managing solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of marketing disciplines and concepts necessary for building a business & marketing plan.
- Identifies the appropriate channels to market. Has the ability to understand market trends and competitive positioning and creates strategies to expand or create market presence.
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general businessenvironment. Understandsand can demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to pricing, deal structure and assessing financial implications.
- Works effectively across cross functional groups including but not limited to IT, communications, operations, and sales.
- The scope of the role will include traditional upstream accountability working with stakeholders in operations, procurement and planning to ensure the right product is delivered on time and consistently.
- Traditional downstream elements will also be in scope working closely with regional sales teams to drive demand, exceed financial targets and exceed customer expectations.
- Global P&L responsibility of over $900M in revenue with revenue and margin targets by region, channel, and procedural kit type.
- Work closely with the Presource Director of Solutions and Commercial Enablement, the Presource Director of Sales Operations, and the Presource Director of Analytics as part of the Presource Leadership team.
- Manage a team of 15 employees and 6 direct reports.
- Bachelors and advanced degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience in related field, preferred
- High enthusiasm, creativity, and desire to work on an innovative team
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking, communication, negotiation, and general business skills required
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and is comfortable making both monetary and strategic decisions
- Ability to initiate strategy discussions, executes projects, and manages various marketing activities
- Ability to perform in a team-oriented environment and is comfortable leading projects to completion.
- Effective communications with clear and precise written documentation.
- Ability to analyze, organize and integrate large amounts of complex, disparate information into clear concise presentations and plans
- Entrepreneurial personality with a bias for action and works well under pressure
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20%
- A Covid-19 vaccination or a legitimate accommodation is required in order to be employed in this position. Covid-19 vaccination includes: 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine OR1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. * Please Note: vaccines may be required for the position subject to federal, state and/or customer requirements
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Provides leadership to managers and experienced professional staff; may also manage front line supervisors
- Manages an organizational budget
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to achieve organizational goals
- Assists in the development of functional strategy
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with internal and/or external leaders, including senior management
- Persuades others into agreement in sensitive situations while maintaining positive relationships
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs