Cardinal Health Director, Strategy & Business Development, at-Home Solutions in Massachusetts
At Cardinal Health, we’re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Strategy & Business Development is responsible for leadership, direction and expertise in the development of business strategy, strategic management disciplines and business analytics that support the company’s mission, vision and valuation objectives, in close collaboration with business leaders. Strategy & Business Development is responsible for developing and supporting the realization of strategic plans and management agendas including organic and inorganic growth initiatives.
The Director of Strategy & Business Development, at-Home Solutions will report into the Vice President of Strategy & Business Development, Cardinal Health Medical Segment. They will be responsible for leading strategy development projects and initiatives, bringing to bear both thought and project leadership to create momentum and enable action as the business partner for our President of at-Home Solutions business unit.
As part of a visible, highly impactful team, the Director will have demonstrated experience flourishing in rapidly evolving industries and environments and possess exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and collaboration skills.
By joining the Cardinal Health Medical Segment Strategy & Business Development, you have the opportunity to be a part of a social-forward, career development focused, fast-paced, and creative team!
- Provide outside-in thought leadership on the future state of the home and medical industry and potential impact to overall strategy and business
- Drive new strategy development for existing and new offerings and growth acceleration initiatives
- Define strategic context: growth drivers, macro trends, customer dynamics, competitive environment
- Participate in formulation of business strategy, including commercial strategy, product/service strategy, technology strategy, and competitive strategy analysis
- Proactively monitor, track, interpret, and share industry, competitive and innovation trends. Perform industry/competitive analysis, supporting strategic recommendations with data and focused insights
- Identify levers to accelerate growth and expand capabilities to create a differentiated competitive advantage; support the make vs. buy assessment
- Work collaboratively with leadership to identify underlying challenges, dynamics, and opportunities to deliver growth and profitability
- Proactively identify/profile potential partnerships and acquisition targets aligned to strategic priorities
- Partner with Corporate Development to evaluate and advance inorganic growth opportunities. This entails input and support across all stages of deal flow, including screening, strategic rationale, valuation, diligence, and integration planning
- Actively manage the M&A and new venture pipeline for assigned medical segment businesses in lockstep with strategic planning teams
- Prepare best in class, clear, concise, and creative presentations and supporting materials in support long-range strategic planning, strategic projects, and business development with high focus on strategic communications
- Strategic Thinking to Execution: evaluating industry trends, developing long-term implications, and recommending pragmatic strategies
- Program Management: strong ability to lead cross-functional teams, high attention to details, create processes and systems to deliver complex, multi-modal solutions ensuring consistency of quality delivery, identify critical-path project goals, activities, and constraints
- Analytical Rigor: ability to bring structure to problems and intellectual leadership to problem solving; synthesize insights from analysis and ensure credible, actionable recommendations
- Financial Acumen: budgeting and capital allocation in the context of strategic planning to maximize shareholder value, understanding of financial modeling working lockstep with financial planning partners
- Communications skills: ability to develop rapport and credibility across the organization, promote ideas and proposals persuasively; proactively build clear, concise, strategic presentations/materials
- Internal/External networking: expand Cardinal Health’s network of trusted advisors and information sources with respect to strategy and business development; excel in a matrixed management environment; communicate regularly with executive teams
- Undergraduate degree
- 7+ years of experience
- Strategic thinker, strategic planner, and strategic communicator (verbal and written)
- Healthcare services, product development, and/or consulting experience a plus
- Proven track record of effectively leading highly complex strategic initiatives
- Highly collaborative across matrixed environment with strong influence and operate as cultural champion
- Highly self-motivated with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously
A Covid-19 vaccination or a legitimate accommodation is required in order to be employed in this position. Covid-19 vaccination includes:
2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
- 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
*Please note: vaccines may be required for the position subject to federal, state and/or customer requirements
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs