Cardinal Health Director, Strategic Planning - Medical Segment in Massachusetts
At Cardinal Health, we’re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Strategy & Business Development is responsible for leadership, direction and expertise in the development of business strategy, strategic management disciplines and business analytics that support the company’s mission, vision and valuation objectives, in close collaboration with business leaders. Strategy & Business Development is responsible for developing and supporting the realization of strategic plans and management agendas including organic and inorganic growth initiatives.
The Director of Strategic Planning, Medical Segment will report into the Senior Vice President, Strategy & Business Development, Medical Segment. This person will be responsible for owning the end-to-end strategic planning process for the Medical Segment, working closely with enterprise and segment leadership to define the deliverables, processes and operating mechanisms required to develop, communicate, and execute a compelling strategic plan for the Medical Segment.
As part of a visible, highly impactful team, the Director will have demonstrated experience flourishing in rapidly evolving industries and environments and possess exceptional analytical, problem-solving, project management, team leadership, and collaboration skills.
By joining the Cardinal Health Medical Segment Strategy & Business Development team, you have the opportunity to be a part of a social-forward, career development focused, fast-paced, and creative team!
- Lead strategic planning activities in close collaboration with enterprise and medical segment cross functional leadership
- Drive new strategy development for existing and new business lines / offerings
- Perform market and competitive analysis, supporting strategic recommendations with data and focused market insights
- Anticipate and build alignment around the evolution of the industry and competitive landscape
- Lead or assist with the creation of all phases of a business case (e.g., market analysis, value proposition, strategic fit, economic models and launch) to support a new initiative
- Actively manage the M&A pipeline for assigned medical segment business
- Lead early risk-based diligence and valuation activities, and shepherd M&A opportunities through the consideration and approval process
- Prepare presentation materials in support of recommendations to proceed with strategic opportunities
- Expand Cardinal Health’s network of trusted advisors and information sources with respect to strategy and business development
- Excel in a matrixed management environment; communicate regularly with executive teams
- Strategic Planning: strong ability to lead cross-functional teams, high attention to details, create processes and systems to deliver complex, multi-modal solutions ensuring consistency of quality delivery, identify critical-path project goals, activities, and constraints
- Strategic Thinking to Execution: building, optimizing, and recommending pragmatic approaches
- Analytical Rigor: ability to bring structure to problems and intellectual leadership to problem solving; synthesize insights from analysis and ensure credible, actionable recommendations
- Financial Acumen: budgeting and capital allocation in the context of strategic planning to maximize shareholder value, understanding of financial modeling working lockstep with financial planning partners
- Communications skills: ability to develop rapport and credibility across the organization, promote ideas and proposals persuasively; proactively build clear, concise, strategic presentations/materials
- Internal/External networking: expand Cardinal Health’s network of trusted advisors and information sources with respect to strategy and business development; excel in a matrixed management environment; communicate regularly with executive teams
- Undergraduate degree
- 7+ years of experience
- Strategic thinking skills
- Strategic communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong collaborative approach to work & demonstrated ability to influence decision makers
- Large-scale project management
- New process development and implementation
- Financial acumen and capabilities
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment
- Cross-functional and cultural champion
A Covid-19 vaccination or a legitimate accommodation is required in order to be employed in this position. Covid-19 vaccination includes:
2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
- 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
*Please note: vaccines may be required for the position subject to federal, state and/or customer requirements
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs