General Electric Pricing & Quotations Specialist in Marlborough, Massachusetts
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Pricing & Quotations Specialist will be responsible for developing & executing pricing strategies and tactical initiatives to support the Upstream Bioprocess product lines, and will generate quotations for configurable & custom Hyclone Cell Culture Media (CCM) solutions. This role is responsible for gathering market price intelligence, and providing global pricing support and direction for GE Life Sciences Upstream products.
This includes building tools to analyze volume & margin impact, assessing risk, ensuring compliance, and providing product list prices. Quotation responsibilities includes reviewing and responding to daily inquiries, and may include performing analysis and collaborating with other key business functions (such as Product Management, Sales, Operations & Supply Chain) to develop and finalize quotes.
Key Pricing responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Facilitate and implement pricing initiatives working closely with LS Pricing Team, Regional Commercial Teams, Marketing and Global Product Managers across the Upstream business.
• Collaborate with Upstream Product Managers and regional commercial & financial teams to develop and execute product price strategies to ensure price optimization.
• Perform data analysis to support ad hoc pricing projects, extracting key trends and insights to develop list price recommendations, discount guidelines, and value-based pricing options.
• Use data mining, price analysis methodologies, financial modeling tools, etc. as required.
• Ensures pricing issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
• Drive business model and pricing strategies and policies to maximize competitiveness and profitability of all Upstream solutions.
• Perform margin and pricing analysis to identify poor performing products and develop recommended solutions for improving growth & profitability or to obsolete (if appropriate).
• Support New Product Introduction (NPI) pricing analysis and implementation.
• Partner with Upstream, Downstream, and Enterprise Solutions Marketing & Quotations Teams on multiple products and services proposals.
• Support the sales team in developing quotes/proposals, evaluating strategic options, alternative pricing structures, and responding to customer RFP inquiries.
• Assist organization in learning and understanding how to use pricing to help drive key strategic and tactical business objectives.
Key Quotations responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Work with the Regional Modalities and Commercial Teams to insure the completeness and clarity of the RFQ’s received.
• Review and assess RFQ’s for CCM product requirements, and provide a comprehensive response in a timely manner meeting or exceeding KPI’s established by the business. This includes review of customer specifications, identifying any exceptions, and obtaining final agreement.
• Lead global coordination and collaboration with all key stakeholders to insure efficient and timely collection of the necessary data to complete the quote or proposal package. Key stakeholders include the Regional Modalities, Sales Account Management, Product Management, Custom and R&D Engineering, Enterprise Solutions, Regulatory/Compliance, and Supply Chain/Production Operations.
• Establish and maintain a standard database of typical technical data and information, and create standardized templates for future re-use driving consistent output and improvements in process efficiency and speed.
• Support both budgetary and firm quotation proposal development, applying the necessary level of detail analysis work versus educated assumptions required depending on the type of RFQ.
• Apply project management skills and tools to drive completion of tasks and critical path items to reduce response times and improve quality and completeness of responses.
• Develop working level knowledge of customer applications along with the appropriate GEHC solutions, to quickly evaluate and determine actions required and/or to quickly identify the specific technical SME’s and/or functions to involve in the quotation process.
• Identify, develop, and support implementation of new or revised procedures and tools to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the CCM quotations process.
• Bachelor’s Degree Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or related area.
• 2+ years’ experience in pricing, finance, accounting or a related field.
• Strong track record of working collaboratively to tackle cross-functional issues.
• Demonstrated analytical and statistical problem-solving skills.
• Experience with multiple commercial software applications including Advanced Microsoft Office Suite knowledge, specifically proficiency in using Excel.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to manipulate and summarize large volumes of data, including data mining, price analytics, and financial modeling techniques.
• Experience interacting with senior business leaders and stakeholders.
• Excellent communicator with an ability to manage conflict and work collaboratively with horizontal functions to resolve issues.
• Detail oriented and highly organized with strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Must be willing and able to work out of our Marlborough, MA facility.
• Add Eligibility Requirement - GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
• 2+ years pricing, financial modeling, or relevant industry experience preferred.
• Proven track record of accomplishment, including establishing and managing project plans, adjusting to changing circumstances, and prioritizing effectively to meet key milestones.
• Works proactively and demonstrates flexibility in handling changing business priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with customers and the Commercial Teams.
• Team oriented – Demonstrated ability to work well with diverse and cross-functional teams.
• Healthcare or related industry experience.
• Global business and project experience.
Quality Specific Goals:
• Knowledge and understanding of applicable GELS standards. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
• Identify and report any quality or compliance.
• Suggest improvement on all related processes, work instructions, and procedures to ensure ongoing standardization and simplification of the Quality Management System.
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Marlborough
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.