General Electric Global Marketing Leader-Cell and Gene Therapy in Marlborough, Massachusetts
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Global Marketing Leader – Cell & Gene Therapy, leads the development, setting and execution of an integrated marketing strategy, ensuring strategy is executed in all geographies and all product and service areas in the Cell & Gene Therapy business.
Strategic marketing responsibilities: Partner with business leadership to help make better bets by aligning market insights with technology trends and assist Product Management in product planning and identifying and developing opportunities for growth and market share gain. Support the creation of a global product and portfolio strategy that includes product positioning for the current and evolving portfolio and provide input to the product and solutions roadmap.
Downstream marketing responsibilities: Lead a team of marketers and partner with GE Life Sciences Field Marketing, Digital and Content Marketing teams and GEHC Communications to develop and execute content and data-driven commercial marketing and communications strategies that achieve business goals. Own and develop a dynamic content-driven and customer engagement-focused presence for Cell and Gene Therapy on the GE Life Sciences Digital Hub. Identify and enable the execution of programs that enhance customer loyalty and installed base retention.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Performing clinical and industry trend analysis, market share and competitive analysis and win/loss tracking to identify product and commercial strategies for growth.
• Effectively leading, developing and nurturing a team of professional marketers
• Quantifying and prioritizing market opportunity.
• Developing and managing budget needed to execute marketing plan, and ensure timely implementation of programs in marketing plan
• Orchestrating research to assess market and customer environments and to discover unmet needs, buying cycles and personas. Identifying customers’ clinical and economic needs, values and desired benefits.
• Building and communicating a common understanding of global market requirements that prioritizes customer segments and business opportunities.
• Developing inputs to support business case for NPI (incl. target pricing) and product positioning
• Defining brand (naming & trademarks), value proposition(s), and competitive positioning claims roadmap for new and existing products.
• Interviewing professional societies and advocacy groups to identify and select KOL’s for thought leadership and awareness building.
• Building and executing global product launch plans, including value proposition, segmentation / positioning, target pricing, awareness & advocacy strategies, channel strategy and sales enablement (in coordination with GE Life Sciences global marketing and communications teams).
• Coordinating development of marketing assets and product training materials
• Owning and developing the business’s web presence as an integrated marketing and customer engagement platform in conjunction with the LS Digital Marketing team.
• Develop a global marketing plan (portfolio management, marketing strategy, customer segmentation and targeting, positioning and value proposition development, message and market assets development, etc.) to support annual business objectives.
• Playing a key leadership role in Life Sciences’ Marketing Leadership team as an innovator with a passion for excellence, camaraderie and customers’ outcomes
Quality Specific Goals:
Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
Responsible for ensuring legal and regulatory approval of all marketing communications prior to external release
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
8+ years’ experience in marketing, product marketing or related field
Prior experience in a leadership role with direct reports (may not be required in all cases)
Leadership skills to lead and/or influence teams and shape/lead growth vision and marketing strategy
Excellent oral and written communications skills
Ability to motivate and lead a team of reports
Strong analytical and process skills
MBA or Master’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
10+ years’ experience in marketing, product marketing or related field
Deep marketing expertise in market & customer insights, product commercialization and branding
Healthcare product/industry acumen
Experience in (enter segment or care area here)
Experience managing a global brand
Innovation – develop new ideas through collaboration and execute on creative ideas
Team oriented – ability to motivate and work well with diverse, global and cross-functional teams
Influencing skills – ability to motivate individuals and demonstrate organizational influence
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Marlborough
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.