AngioDynamics Director, Global Healthcare Economics in Marlborough, Massachusetts
Using experience, ingenuity and innovation, the Director of Global Healthcare Economics, Policy and Reimbursement is responsible for providing leadership in the development, planning and execution of strategic reimbursement for across the applicable AngioDynamics’ business units. The activities are focused on the development and implementation of Health Economics and Reimbursement lifecycle strategies and tactics for marketed products, pipeline products and products evaluated in business development diligence endeavors and acquisitions.
This role will lead the charge in the developing and disseminating tools while leveraging best practices sharing across targeted regions in regards to health economics and modeling, systematic literature reviews, global value dossier development and clinical and economic evidence generation targeted for publication.
This leadership position is accountable to provide early input into product value proposition development including analysis of regional strategic plans that reflect the global payer and stakeholder needs. Additionally, the role will require the development and execution of health policy, that shape the reimbursement pathway for the AngioDynamic portfolio of products including reimbursement nuances such as bundled payments, MIPS, ACOs, etc., impacting therapeutic technologies.
This position carries strategic responsibility as well as being responsible for tactical implementation. A successful candidate must demonstrate excellent communication and collaboration skills, a strategic, innovative mindset, and high level of competence in reimbursement and health economics for medical devices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategies to gather health economics evidence for products which are relevant in key markets, in order to support local business teams and to promote the growth of the business.
- Lead the assessment, development and execution of US reimbursement strategies including CPT, ICD-10 code submissions and tactics for the applicable AngioDynamics businesses. Ensure appropriate Reimbursement and Health Economics analyses and perspectives are integrated into business plans.
- Must possess a detailed understanding of existing clinical and economic evidence to support product positioning. Support the development of detailed dossiers covering the product, the comparators, market characteristics, clinical and economic evidence to support reimbursement and health technology assessment submissions. Development of economic tools such as Budget Impact Models, Cost consequence models, and Markov models to support commercial efforts. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have the ability to design protocol development for product appropriate cost studies as well as efficiency studies such as Time and Motion.
- Works in collaboration with regional commercial leadership in developing regional product-specific reimbursement strategies based on the requirements of technology assessment organizations and payers. Interacts with General Managers and Directors of Marketing, Legal, Clinical and Regulatory to drive reimbursement requirements.
- Direct analysis of policy issues affecting AngioDynamics’ businesses; developing sector position, data analysis, and advocacy including comments letters designed to influence policy.
- Communicate evidence requirements and reimbursement landscape, across the regions, to the Commercial teams and colleagues (i.e. Business Strategy leaders) and provides leadership support and direction for the evidence solutions to meet current and future business needs.
- Ensure appropriate Reimbursement and Health Economics analyses and perspectives are integrated into target region business plans.
- Responsible for the development of external publications, as it is related to reimbursement and strategy. Ensure appropriate exposure of information is communicated to internal and external audiences (e.g. field sales staff, regionally based health economic and reimbursement colleagues, etc.) in collaboration with Medical Affairs including Scientific Communications.
- Responsible for all Medicare and Private Payer coverage, coding and payment strategies and participating in direct meetings with CMS.
- Serves as an internal and external contact on matters related to reimbursement and therapeutics portfolio businesses including CMS-level personnel, payer medical directors and external entities that shape future landscape of health care delivery systems globally
- Monitor, analyze, and influence health care policy to ensure policy environment supports medical innovation (HTA, ICD-10, Value-Based Bundled Payments).
- Assess and communicate the coding, coverage and payment landscape, globally, for the AngioDynamics Portfolio. Develop and execute specific strategies to enable optimal reimbursement in target regions and maintain agility to extend reach to emerging markets as portfolios expand to capitalize on global growth opportunities.
- Responsible for objective setting and quarterly business review updates specific to economic and reimbursement deliverables for the AngioDynamics businesses.
- Provide training and education programs on reimbursement best practices and health policy issues to internal personnel and may provide training and education to sales force, physicians and hospital administrators.
- Develops sustainable strategic relationships with professional societies, medical associations, advocacy groups, thought leaders and trade groups to provide leadership and focus in areas of mutual interest such as physician reimbursement, treatment guidelines, coverage and payment for products/therapies, etc.
- Work with businesses to ensure data analysis and planning is completed for strategic planning.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Manages in order to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory/legal requirements
QUALITY SYSTEMS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management - Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure all employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented
Education & Experience
- Bachelor Level of Degree in the relevant field such as public health or health economics required field of study
- 10 years of demonstrated experience in working with US payers and provider systems, CMS on product-specific coverage and global country-level payers on coding and payment issues.
- 7 years of demonstrated experience supervising others
- Demonstrated ability to work in matrixed organization including Executive leadership teams.
- Technical understanding of medical device reimbursement and its role in commercialization
- CPC, HTA certification preferred
- Experience in the following computer software applications: Microsoft Office
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to effectively communicate both internally and externally.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance, instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job:
- Work safely and follow all OSHA regulations and company safety policies and procedures.
- For all on-the-job injuries or accidents, must notify manager/supervisor immediately.
- Exposure to standard office environment
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to regularly sit or stand for extended periods of time
- This position requires some travel up to 50-60% of the time
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, AngioDynamics will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Requisition Number: 2060BR
Type of Position: Fulltime-Regular